Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i had my car dynoed at AVO in cheltenham. The owner terry did all the work.

I am running 10.5psi and 2.5" turbo back exhaust and cold air intake. The max power was 118kw at the wheels. The only thing that holds me from 135-140 is that the car under full boost runs rich. Terry worked the air flow sensor and drilled out a screw and opened the cover and turned something. It made the car lean up a little.

He suggests that i should either buy a chip or have an adapter made by him to suit the computer.

Has anyone had good results with chips and what have been your dyno results?

·
Registered
621 Posts
No good results from Chips for me mate...

118kw AT THE WHEELS - Awesome. I get slightly more than that at the flywheel apparently (123kw for stock engine).

What does the guy think this equates to at the flywheel??

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
123kw at the flywheel would be approx. 85-95 at the flywheel. Big gains are made from boost, exhaust and ram air pod.

My car runs approx 50% better now. It is so much more fun to drive. What would be 0-100km/h and 1/4 mile time?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From chip torque information, my car already has more power than quoted. What is going on!

·
Registered
362 Posts
those graphs are very sus, the v6 one shows stock as having 74kw ATW, wereas steve from AUSPOC had his dynoed stock at 97Kw ATW. it says for that graph it's an auto, but i don't think the extra drivetrain loss would be that much would it? the chip doesn't even put it up to what steve was getting stock!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Chiptorque's figures are absolute b.s. My dyno printout shows 100Kw at the front wheels with just a filter & sports muffler.

You get approx. 30% loss through the drivetrain, so Nathan's 118Kw at the wheels = approx. 150Kw at the flywheel.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yeah I'm back. Did you miss me ? (yeah right !)

·
Registered
886 Posts
4 Probes ??? That sucks.....there's only one MX6, and it's the 2nd Gen made by Mazda ! @- (only stirring guys !!)

Looks like the weather wasn't too good....and what happened to Freddie ?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Here another Dyno for a 2nd Gen MX6 with a Uni Chip

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks woo, i was happy to see the results! Unichip hey, do they have a web site, and where are they located

·
Registered
26 Posts
Losiho - just a small correction about drivetrain loss. It is not a percentage of power output, but a constant. The same drivetrain will use the same power regardless of how much power the engine is producing. So to work this out, you take the power ATW away from power at the engine (stock), for example this may turn out to be 20 kW (just an example). Then after modifying, add this figure to the ATW power output to arrive at engine power.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Losiho: For unichip - go to http:www.airpowersystems.com.au

Check out their MX6 2nd Gen performance dyno - looks sus to me... too uniform a change.

Another company to add to the BAYSWATER, VIC club!!!!
Why are there SO MANY car co's in Baysey???

BTW, for non-Victorians (included me until a few years ago) Bayswater is as far from the Bay and Water as you can get and still be in Melbourne. XO

·
Registered
886 Posts
Ric - the shape of the torque curve looks fair enough.

Re: APS, well I had a friend at school who had all of his 4WD modiifications done by the APS owner, Peter Luxon (turbo, suspension, etc. My friend's dad was Prez of the Landcruiser club). I'm certainly not going to bag people I don't know on the 'net, but if you think of the "high regard" that you and I have for the people at Powerchip, you'll get a fair idea of what Peter Luxon is all about. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts