Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brake light is always on. It never goes off. The light used to just pop up when I hit the breaks harder than normal. But now it stays on forever. My brake fluid is filled to that marked line. Is any on else having this problem? This is trippin me out, i keep thinking my e-brake is on. Thanks for any info

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
iLyK2EaTCiViCs said:
My brake light is always on. It never goes off. The light used to just pop up when I hit the breaks harder than normal. But now it stays on forever. My brake fluid is filled to that marked line. Is any on else having this problem? This is trippin me out, i keep thinking my e-brake is on. Thanks for any info
If the fluid level is up then I'd suspect the fluid level sensor is bad somehow. Try unplugging the electrical connector on the sensor at the reservoir to see if the light goes out...

G

·
I agree with mike, but if that isn't the problem, AND the emergency brake is really not engaged (try rolling down a hill in neutral) then it might be the parking brake switch. I had that problem and it was cheap (18 dollars US) and easy (20-25 min) to fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts