Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this one is kinda for those that wanted more posts, but also because its bugging the hell out of me! @-

So heres what seems to be happening... I'll be driving along and almost as soon as I hit the brake, my e-brake light will light up on the instrument panel. Then is goes away after I have come to a full stop and start to accelerate.

Does anybody have any ideas? ...Or maye have experienced this as well?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Yikes....

Sticky Calipers? Do you set your e-brake everytime you park? The '93 and '94's have sticky calipers and need to be replaced or at least have the piston pressed in and left...

Claeren.

·
Registered
741 Posts
That warning lamp also indicates low brake fluid condition... Check and fill!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool,
Thanks guys. I'll give the filling thing a go first. How bad is a sticky caliper? Considering its winter, things are going to get put off 'til a warm day if its not critical :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
jduffett said:
That warning lamp also indicates low brake fluid condition... Check and fill!

yes i had the same problem, i just filled her up and it went away, i think by slowing down quickly(that doesnt sound right) i think it must make the fluid slosh a bit and the sensor goes off?

i also replaced my rear calipers for those from a 96

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Hey Chris

If you come across any calipers let me know ASAP! :D

Claeren.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
anything built after January 94 has the newer calipers, they do not seize up over time like the 93 ones did. i have one left one available for now, however i might have a few from some probes, i will look into it mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts