Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. my damn e-brake light keep coming on when i hit the brakes and than when i stop they go off again. what's up with that? i had just installed the angel eyes too and i don't remember if it was doing it right before or after i installed them. anyone help would be great.

·
Registered
118 Posts
This use to happen to me, it could be telling you that you dont have enough brake fluid

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Zoom Zoom v6 said:
Also, it could be that you have a blown bulb. I heard that can cause it too.
nope your wrong ;) mx6 invader is right :tup:

the "REAR" light comes on for a burnt bulb.

the "BRAKE" light comes on when the ebrake is sensed to be on or when there is a problem in the braking system. the first step would be checking ur brake fluid level, if its low fill it, if its not, test the ebrake switch and if thats not it i would drive it or have it towed straight to a shop. hydrolic systems are something that im not good at and i wouldnt trust myself to blead my own brakes so besides what i already mentioned, if ur not confident enough to figure out whats wrong with ur braking system, then take it and pay to get it fixed.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aussomea said:
nope your wrong ;) mx6 invader is right :tup:

the "REAR" light comes on for a burnt bulb.

the "BRAKE" light comes on when the ebrake is sensed to be on or when there is a problem in the braking system. the first step would be checking ur brake fluid level, if its low fill it, if its not, test the ebrake switch and if thats not it i would drive it or have it towed straight to a shop. hydrolic systems are something that im not good at and i wouldnt trust myself to blead my own brakes so besides what i already mentioned, if ur not confident enough to figure out whats wrong with ur braking system, then take it and pay to get it fixed.
how would i test the e-brake switch???

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
the way to test the ebrake switch would be to pull off the center concil and bypassing the switch by crossing the wires that go into the switch.

BUT after rereading ur original post its not ur switch. if it was the switch then the light would either constantly stay on or constantly stay off whether u had the ebrake pulled or not.

did u check ur fluid level? im sure its something in ur brakes hydrolic system.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aussomea said:
the way to test the ebrake switch would be to pull off the center concil and bypassing the switch by crossing the wires that go into the switch.

BUT after rereading ur original post its not ur switch. if it was the switch then the light would either constantly stay on or constantly stay off whether u had the ebrake pulled or not.

did u check ur fluid level? im sure its something in ur brakes hydrolic system.
well the fluid is over the minimum line. i tapped it a few times pretty hard and wiggled a couple hoses and well i haven't seen the light come on yet. maybe it was just a little clogged or something. i'm still checking on it.

G

·
my e-brake light is doing the same thing. i haven't had it checked out yet but i'm going to soon. mine has been doing it for a few weeks and never thought anything about it. oh well pm me if you find out what was wrong with yours.

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
my brake light comes on any time the fluid is just a tad below the max line. Fill it up to the max and see what happens.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Radar said:
my brake light comes on any time the fluid is just a tad below the max line. Fill it up to the max and see what happens.
hey man! you were right! i filled her full last night and the light hasn't come on at all yet today. wheew. yeah it was just right at the max line before and started doing that. it seems like since i filled her full it seems to stop respond alot better too. weird huh? oh well she's fixed and i'm happy!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I remember this time with my old car, a '91 Toyota Tercel, the e-brake light was comming on and staying on and I didn't know what to think of it (this was when I first got my license). One day while I was pulling in to my driveway after comming home from a pretty long drive, I pressed the brakes and my foot went right to the floor...I had no brakes whatsoever. Luckily this happened while I was pulling in to my driveway, and not on the highway :eek:. So I looked under the car while it was still running and brake fluid was pissing out of the brake line. Pretty scary stuff. As soon as that light comes on again while the e-brake isn't engauged, i'm checking the brake system immediatly! A word of warning. Don't ever let yourself keep driving if you notice this light come on. Check it out A.S.A.P!

Peace.

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
glad its fixed. Gotta luv this site :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
maybe a problem?

hey, whenever i stop hard my ebrake light comes on, when the car comes to a stop, the light goes away, my brake fluid is at 1/2. any idea's? it just started yesterday.

thx,
ryan // 102020 // r3mix

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
put more brake fluid in. put it to full.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts