Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 that i'm putting a ZE into. I will be using the a spec ecu until i get the eeprom chip. I understand that there is an extra sensor in the 93 that will make the fan stay on all the time once i swap in a ze. I need to get a 94-95 ecu in order to fix the fan problem. My question, does the ecu have to come from a mx-6 or can it come from a probe and 626? I'm plannin on headin to pick n pull here shortly so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok well i got a ecu from a 94 626 mtx. its a kl55 will that work with my KLZE?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
That will work, but the correct EPROM will solve the problem, regardless of ECU.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was under the inpression that the emprom will not fix the fan not coming on if i have a 93 ecu.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
if you have a 93 ecu and you have all the 3 temp sensors you can put a eprom in your ecu, and the fans will work fine. if you only have 2 sensors you will need a 94-95 ecu....

if anyone needs a eprom for there ze
http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138219

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
And where exactly would I find these temp sensors? Being that I'm in the exact same boat as Swoosh. I've already got my eprom chip in the mail (super fast shipping by the way) havn't even picked up my ZE yet but trying to get all my ducks in a row. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My ZE has all three sensors so I actually didnt need the 94-95 ecu.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ecu Help

I have a question, Swooshman-- if you get a 94-95 ECU will you be selling yours for the 93? And is so what kind is yours? I just bought one from Ebay saying that it fit mine- but the plugs are different. Mine is a FS02 where as the one I bought says it is a FS80-c for a 93-97 (Its a Ford ECU where as mine is a Mitsubishi . And am I understanding this right- if I possiblely replace the eprom I don't have to find another ECU. For the 411- I think my Ecu is acting up so thats why I am trying to get another--Have tried everything else to fix this darn car but the ECU. Hope someonecan help! Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts