Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1151 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Are these for the GT? I could not tell from the ebay page. (or is there no diff. for GT/non-GT calipers?)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Very cool. Thanks.

·
Registered
379 Posts
price drop: FE-DOHC full gasket set $40

FE-DOHC full gasket set $40
that's a $10 price drop from previous thread link and that includes a head gasket (Eristic) that has the fwd sized coolant holes

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
Ick! Its a rust bucket... BOTH rear wheel wells. Thats a LOT of rust, and thats just the rust you can see. Gas tank is prolly rusted and thats why its leaking. Front and/or rear main seal is prolly leaking too. and A/C is probably/possibly compressor. (I hope Im allowed to post an opinion here).

Its not too bad tho IMHO and would be good for parts but I wouldnt pay over a K for it.

There is an EGR valve going cheap (so far). I need one BADLY so Im retiscent to post the listing, but since its pretty easy to find:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&item=330021087882&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

Its offered by BowlingBrooker, she is the one I bought my 4ws rear end from for $300 including shipping! I think she is liquidating old Mazda dealer stock. ANyone had bad experience with her yet?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
who cares about the rust....it'd be my parts car :D

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Okay.....so......what does your comment imply? do you have any more info about them or comments positive or negative about Monica Brooker or Allmazda that would help me or others decide if they are good to buy from or not?

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
There has been a wopping grand total of 8 sets of calipers sold. I bought a set of my MX-6 and Protege for $80 shipped, you cant beat that.

You people do realize the cars are old and calipers will need replacing right? You also realize $80 for 2 sets is in some places equal to what you'll pay for one caliper? No wonder why the MX-6 never had an aftermarket, owners make cheap people look like they spend a lot of money :lol: Stingy bastards!

-Tyler

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
when i first bought my car, i spent around 600 bucks total getting my whole brake system rebuilt. i would be jumping all over those calipers if mine werent already rebuilt

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Calipers work best when not used.

tyler886 said:
You people do realize the cars are old and calipers will need replacing right?
Bah, brakes only wear out if you use them....:lol: just kidding... good info thanks.

BTW, I just bid on that set of headlights. What is considered a good/fair/bad price for 2 mx6 88-92 headlight assemblies?

41 - 60 of 1151 Posts