Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1141 - 1151 of 1151 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
For a set of matched, cleaned DRI injectors with new seals and seats, I consider it a fantastic deal.

Objectively, if I pulled a used set out of some junkyard car or equivalent, then shipped it out to a cleaning and matching service, I'd be looking at around the same total cost. Without the warranty likely.

·
Registered
873 Posts
For those interested:

Not exactly plug and play on the 88-89 application (slight clip difference), but I made it work of course.

Oh and by the way, there's no reason to remove the top plenum when doing injectors. It's a tight squeeze to be certain, but not impossible, and not worth messing with the plenum and replacing that gasket.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Oh and by the way, there's no reason to remove the top plenum when doing injectors. It's a tight squeeze to be certain, but not impossible, and not worth messing with the plenum and replacing that gasket.
i've never removed the upper intake when doing injectors. didn't even realize that was a thing lol.

and yeah that price seems fine to me.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
For a set of matched, cleaned DRI injectors with new seals and seats, I consider it a fantastic deal.

Objectively, if I pulled a used set out of some junkyard car or equivalent, then shipped it out to a cleaning and matching service, I'd be looking at around the same total cost. Without the warranty likely.
When it's exceedingly easy to find RCs freshly cleaned, tested, and rebuilt for that price or less (Source, purchased 3 sets of RC550s freshly cleaned with sheets at less than $150/set in the last 12 months), taking a chance on some no-name injectors sounds pretty awful.

Again... if you're paying $170 for EV1 injectors in the year 2014, you're [fizzle]ing up. Brand new RX8 EV6 injectors can be had for that price.

Wait...you ordered a set of these? Which ones did you get? The stock size ones?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hardly?

Bosh Injectors first of all. Cleaned and matched by a fairly new but reputable and well known injector cleaning company, Home

Haters ganna hate I guess. I'm more than happy with the results, I couldn't be more pleased with them actually. It's exactly what I've been wanting/needing.

Also, I hate to be so literal but you keep saying $170, they're $160.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
sounds good to me too, as long as they work and they have warranty on them right? What did you have to do to the injector clips to work? Do you notice better mpg, performance in general?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Phenomenal difference. Across the board.

I'd also bet that the OEM injectors were dirty, tired and who knows what else. So swapping to a brand new, updated set will automatically feel better. I couldn't be happier with them.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Hardly?

Bosh Injectors first of all. Cleaned and matched by a fairly new but reputable and well known injector cleaning company, Home

Haters ganna hate I guess. I'm more than happy with the results, I couldn't be more pleased with them actually. It's exactly what I've been wanting/needing.

Also, I hate to be so literal but you keep saying $170, they're $160.

I mean no-name in the context of RC, FIC, ID, Deatschwerks, etc etc etc.

You still didn't answer the question as to which ones you got. Did you get the stock size ones or the bigger ones? This might be where the disconnect is in terms of the $10.

But again, $10 nonwithstanding, $160 for EV1 injectors is kindof... ill-advised. Has nothing to do with hating. At the end of the day, it's your car and i'm glad you're happy with them.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I haven't answered that question mainly because it should be painfully obvious which ones I got. The picture of the flow chart shows 330cc, and the injectors are brown. The larger injectors are 440cc, and yellow.

1141 - 1151 of 1151 Posts