Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really dislike the OEM headlights and want to change em out. Ive seen alot on ebay and i want to know if they are any good. Especially halo angel eye headlights and projectors. Basically, I have no clue what those are. I just want some nicer looking headlights for a good price. Anybody got any advice or good ebay finds? (heres 1 ebay find for example eBay Motors: HID 93 94 95 96 97 MAZDA MX6 HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT (item 360113140373 end time Dec-07-08 14:41:47 PST))

Also, what are xenon lights and halogen lights? I know what HIDs look like but not exactly sure what the break down is.

No mean posts please, im just a noob looking for information. Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Halos arent bad, if u get the GTS covers...but otherwise go ESPEC or JSPEC, they look way better, and they are projectors. Plus the light they put out are more focused so i hear. i have a set of Ralli Halos, they arent bad but im upgrading to ESPECs or JSPECs when money gets right. i cant really answer you bulb question, i have no idea myself, just look on wikipedia or something

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have ebay halos on my car and they are ok, mounting points are not great. and GTS covers are a must. Make sure you don't slam ur hood either. I went to Mazda dealership to get the engine code and they broke my headlight's mount point, then denied it, corp. a$$holes. just saying be carefull when closing it.

I really dislike the OEM headlights and want to change em out. Ive seen alot on ebay and i want to know if they are any good. Especially halo angel eye headlights and projectors. Basically, I have no clue what those are. I just want some nicer looking headlights for a good price. Anybody got any advice or good ebay finds? (heres 1 ebay find for example eBay Motors: HID 93 94 95 96 97 MAZDA MX6 HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT (item 360113140373 end time Dec-07-08 14:41:47 PST))

Also, what are xenon lights and halogen lights? I know what HIDs look like but not exactly sure what the break down is.

No mean posts please, im just a noob looking for information. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
I guess we need a sticky thread with pictures and information on the different headlight and tail light options. Maybe I will work on that tonight.

In my opinion, ebay lights are crappier than stock lights. You would be amazed how some rubbing compound, meguiar's plastx, and a good buffing job will clear up your fogged up factory lights. Check out CF_Z's headlights if you want to see a clean set. Also, here's mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts