Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i need some suggestions, i wanna buy some of the halo lights off ebay, id rather have jspecs but i could never afford them, either way, theres 2 sets that are readably available, ok heres the 2 that i can find, anyone know the diffrence

cheapo's

eBay Motors: 93 94 95 96 97 MAZDA MX6 JDM DUAL HALO BLACK HEADLIGHTS (item 310119184473 end time Feb-03-09 08:12:26 PST)

lesser cheapos'

eBay Motors: 93 94 95 96 97 MAZDA MX6 MX-6 TWIN Halo Headlight BLACK (item 260354556318 end time Feb-01-09 19:04:45 PST)

more expensive ones

eBay Motors: 93-97 MAZDA MX6 Dual Halo PROJECTOR Head Lights Lamps (item 230322612658 end time Feb-01-09 20:08:50 PST)

the last set of headlights i'm not really looking at, i mean yea its a projector but id rather get the cheapest set if theres not much difference,
thanks a ton for the help in advance,

Devon

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
All the halo headlights are the same.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
how did i not catch that?!?!?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thnx Everyone

awesome, i guess ill wait for taxes and buy the ones with the projectors, thanks a ton chef

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok im going to buy the projectors, but does anyone know if they come with the converter box to power them, i know alot of them are built in now adays, but thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
They're not HID projectors as you seem to be thinking. Just ordinary halogens so they don't need ballasts etc.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Since they are projectors, but not HID projectors, you can just add a plug-n-play kit right?

I also want the j-spec headlights, but they are quite expensive to me. I've added HID kits to three cars, but they all have either had projector lenses or had HID as a factory option (Integra x2, Mazdaspeed3). Without any projector you would blind just about everyone right?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Since they are projectors, but not HID projectors, you can just add a plug-n-play kit right?

I also want the j-spec headlights, but they are quite expensive to me. I've added HID kits to three cars, but they all have either had projector lenses or had HID as a factory option (Integra x2, Mazdaspeed3). Without any projector you would blind just about everyone right?
Even with halogen projectors, the cutoff is gonna be fuzzy and suck, trust me i have jspecs :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any body knows what kind of headlights would be best for a 91 mx6 GT? (PM ME) Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Even with halogen projectors, the cutoff is gonna be fuzzy and suck, trust me i have jspecs :p
So would everyone out there basically recommend getting a good pair of bright white bulbs instead of projectors and/or HIDs? I love HIDs for looks and visibility but don't want to blind anyone or get pulled over (happens around here).

If people don't like HIDs even with the J-specs and I can't afford a retrofit (aka money is better spent on turbo parts) -- what do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
get some of the sylvania silverstar ultras or something. if your headlights are clean, they should be bright enough until you scrape up some money for a retro fit :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
What would be the best way to go about using HID's? I was just thinking of getting a 9004 HID kit and using them on my A-Spec headlights

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
get some of the sylvania silverstar ultras or something. if your headlights are clean, they should be bright enough until you scrape up some money for a retro fit :)

X2 :tup:

I have clean a-spec headlights with silverstar ultras and they are the shit. No need for HID IMO

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
What would be the best way to go about using HID's? I was just thinking of getting a 9004 HID kit and using them on my A-Spec headlights
HID in a halogen reflective housing is a terrible idea. It will blind everyone on the road.

·
Registered
37 Posts
which ever one you can buy I say go for it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What about this: I have a 91 mx6 GT which headlights should I put on?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts