1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Ive been looking at this for awhile too now. Except i dont think its really a true catlytic and its just a resonated test pipe. Thats what it looks like but i cant see down the tube in the picture.

Anyways, It wont fit your stock exhaust setup. It would be 1/4 inch gap so you can try it but i dont know. the gasket will probably fry pretty quick without a good connection between the two flanges.

·
Registered
180 Posts
e mailed the guy.....

hey guys i emailed this guy about 2 days ago and he finally got back to me. i asked him if this will fit a 4 cyl or the v-6 and he replied it would fit both models. it seems like there are two types of these converters floating around on ebay, i see one with two bolts on the end and another with three. which one is the right one?

·
Registered
452 Posts
This looks like a glorified test pipe and I bet it would not pass an emissions inspection. There are plenty of Catco and Car-Sound catalytic converters on ebay that will fit our cars. Just find out the measurements that fit and locate the right one. Many times the guys selling them on ebay can tell you which one will fit your car. I think the 93-95 converters are about 17 1/2 or 3/4 inches long. The 96-97 models are different and may have an O2 sensor connector.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I'll let you know

Cause in a somewhat drunken "Click...OOOOH" kinda moment I bought one, so I have a 93 LS and when I get around to installing it, er, or get it, I'll take some pics and let you all know what the deal is. I bought it a couple of days ago and still haven't heard from the guy either, so er, yea. Better yet, I'll let you know if it's a scam.
:sigh:
~David~

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The guy e-mailed me last friday and said hed be gone for the weekend at a convention so all shipments would be delayed 2-3 days. But i am really curious to as how it works and if its just a resonated test pipe or has some type of catlytic science involved.

·
Registered
454 Posts
-Brand new Ready to ship. Racing Converter Cat. Bolt directly into your existing exhaust system or an aftermarket exhaust setup. Increase 7-10hp
I have never seen a cat that could deliver that much performance. On second thought, I have. Its called a test pipe.:confused:

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
i was just about to ask about these, I need to pass emissions, not cali style but its still emmisons so if this aint are tru cat im screwed. hey Damian882 can u keeps updated on yours?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I sure will but I still haven't heard heads or tails from this guy. Worries me.
~David~

·
Registered
558 Posts
well I got it in, the guy never emailed me but I guess he sent it out....I'll post some pics of it soon, it's lol, I dunno, pretty much just a resonated test pipe.
Install was interesting, as it always is, just hard to get the nuts off the thing, but they came, didn't need to moto tool it or anything. Fitment was alright too, except that on the exhaust end the holes from my exhaust were a little bit too far apart from the ones on the cat, so I tightened the three nuts I could down as much as possible, and it's in the shop right now cause I'm having my strut tower bars installed, and the guy is gonna bore out the hole a bit on the exhaust end to make it work.
Car sounds beefy now, a little raspy but I expected that. Very loud. Feels faster.
Like I said I'll post pics as soon as it's back from the shop.
~David~

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yeahp, all fixed, very loud. Faster, nothing huge, but faster. Definitely smells like I don't have a Cat...but oh well. Made my exhaust a little raspy, but only when I'm giving it serious gas.
So I dunno, I've never had a full on name brand cat on here so I can't speak to it being better or worse than them, but heck, for $52 plus shipping, I'm not complaining.

On a side note, got my FSTB and RSTB installed too...yummm
~David~

·
Registered
785 Posts
i would say that as long as u didn't have to get smog tested, you could buy these things and be okay.... cuz if a cop pulls u over and gives you a ticket because he can tell it's not really a cat, you can take it to court and plead stupidity because the auction is titled "catalytic converter" and you're "not good with cars so you didn't know any better." i guarantee you'd have 0 fine and 0 points....all you'd be required to do is put a real cat on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts