Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay... i know how to get the gauge housing off and get to the actual gauges themselves. My questions involves what to wire to what.

1) Where do the white wires from the gauge face plates plug into? Do they plug into the black box plugs which are mated to fit these?

2) the black box has two wires... a red one and a white one... which do both do? The white one goes into ground (what color is ground on the car) according to the instruction set posted by StevesSix.

http://www.mx6.com/newmx6/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5529&highlight=indiglo

the red wire should be spliced into the cigeratte lighters wire b/c the instructions say do not use the factory dimmer... so the cigarette lighter wire should be the red wire with the skinny black stripe. Is this correct?

Please respond ASAP b/c i am doing this tomorrow (I HOPE!)!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
one last thing... the black box has four plugs I can only see the three gauges plugging into them... so what is the fourth plug for?

·
baaaaaaaaaad Honda.
3,857 Posts
I have them too. the four plugs isn't a big deal just skip the last one in the line. I took one of the lights out of the ashtray andran the red one to the positive and the black one to ground. seems to work well.ROb

·
Registered
216 Posts
there is two ways to hook them up right

one way: is to hook them up to your lighting sytem in other words when you turn on the headlights the guages lights up and to do this:
in the back of the guage panel"were they hook up" ther is a red/orange wire, this wire is in the first set of plugs, take the red wire from the indiglos and tap into the red/orange wire then find the black wire on the guage panel which should be twards the last plug,, then with the other wire"indiglos" tap into that wire. then just turn on your head light and the indiglos should come on..

2. the second way to do this and the easiest and safest way..:

simply find some good power I suggest the power going into the radio"always a good source" then run that power to a switch,, then run the power wire from the indiglos to the switch,, then find some good ground with I suggest finding a screw that is touching metal, cause if you hook it up to other ground wire you might get some ground noise,, but buy hooking it up to a screw thats grounded then you wont get any noise then thats it just find a place to put the switch and when ever your car is on you can turn them off and one and still be able to dimm and change to the diffrent colors that they come with,,,, I have mine hooked up the way and they work fine.....

I have done alot of installs that require wiring in the mx6,, so if you guys need more info ex: were to find good groung and power in the mx6" just email me and ill be happy to help,,, I hooked up 2fast's tv's this past weekend and they came out real nice," no engine nosie" so I do know what Im doing

carlos gonzalez
fort worth tx
rstyle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts