Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys, need some advice and opinions. I've been getting the Ebay bug lately and I've found a lot of products to trick my 6 out, such as body kits, rims/tires, mufflers (which im not considering), lowering kits, STS's (civic STS's which i will rig to my mazda), etc. I want to know about people's experiences with purchasing such items, i will post links to what im considering...thanks, TP

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2444952597&category=33736]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2444121383&category=36475]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2444505217&category=6755]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2444864514&category=38662]

ive got some motegi rims, but theyre chrome, and i want white, so i dont really care unless this brand SUCKS ASS - so let me know what you guys think, and tell me if im makin a mistake...TP

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Okay Here We Go....First off the auction you had listed for the Invader kit; I purchased a Buddy Club from the same place (they have a different eBay Id though now), but I can tell bu how they listed the kit that it is the same place. Anyway, the BC I ordered from them wasn't all that bad. The rear peice fit kinda bad, but it was nothing that the grinding wheel couldn't fit...lol. As for the other items they all look good. The things you want to stay away from are those goofy listings for the cold air intakes. Most of those say K&N and crap, but most of them are scams. If the picture doesn't have a brand name on it, then its probably a waste of your $. As for mufflers, I bought mine on eBay. It was an HP Racing muffler, and I was so concerned about it because the sell had a lot of HP Racing stuff listed. Turns out that is sounded great and only cost me list $130 after shipping. It was a very nice stainless steel nice dual tip muffler. The thing you want to look out for is mass listed items. Like sometimes you will see those CAI's and "Otto Sport" and "Megan Racing" mufflers that are listed in bunches. Things like that I just wouldn't go for. Your best bet is to just steer clear of anything that doesn't have a brand name you or your uncle who builds race engines have ever heard of. Also make sure you check out feedback. If you are anything like me, I hate wating over a week for a package to come..lol. Hope some of this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When you see ALL SALES FINAL, KITS SOLD " ÁS IS" ,and NO returns, that tells you something. Imagine of going to a place
to buy a computer or a TV, take it home, and it does not work,and
you can not send it back, you have to fix it by paying extra money.
I am not trying to promote our company SPOILERS ETC, but consider ordering from local stores. They tried a lot of companies,and what do you think,will they buy an import body kit
if it costs $150.00 less from a nice kit, if to have to pay $300.00
to make it fit???? When you purchased your car, you did NOT buy
a Chinese replica ,right? Why are you buying inferior cheap products now??

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Dude, dont listen to him. You can find great stuff on eBay. If you go to local shops you'll end up paying out the ass for it. Just make sure a brand name is clearly listed and that the picture is not some advertisement picture and that it is a picture of what the seller actually has.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
i'd say go ebay on everything but bodykits. there are way too many horror stories about kits not fitting to not have a friggen guarantee on it.

ebay rocks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know i need 5 lug...bro...ive owned 3 hondas and all three had erebuni body kits, and all the body kits had to be trimmed somewhat to fit each car...all cars are different, so im not worried about taking a dremel or gringing wheel to a body kit...thanks for helping me out, all i need now is a CAI that either isnt too expensive, or easy to rig/build...please help, lol...TP

·
Registered
965 Posts
Megan racing has a website. They have some awesome seats dude! www.meganracing.com

I got my wing from them from ebay, it's nice.

As far as your CAI, since you have an I4, then an integra GSR will fit right up parisifal said. Ask him to make sure what year and stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
mx6driver95 said:
Dude, dont listen to him. You can find great stuff on eBay. If you go to local shops you'll end up paying out the ass for it. Just make sure a brand name is clearly listed and that the picture is not some advertisement picture and that it is a picture of what the seller actually has.
Of course you can find some great stuff on ebay. Tha same applies for some junk stuff. How do you know? There are a lot of respectful places that sell good
stuff with warranty, and if something is not working or if it is defective,they exchange it.BUT what do you do with the bad vendors? You give them negative feedback.So? They change names every month,and there are some ways to manipulate the
feedback. So these are the guys that you have to be careful of.
Unless if you have money to waist..!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you want white rims I have a set, of motegi's, 18's, in mint condition, that I used for one week, with tires. Pm me for details if you are interested. Also Megan racing is a great ebay company to order from, I bought tons of honda parts form them, a few years ago, when I used to drive a honda. They ship fast and are reliable, haven't changed their name.

I also bought a body kit off ebay for a 94 accord and it was the biggest waste of money I ever spent, but it is possible to buy from pleny of reputable people selling parts, just be careful as I'm, sure you know, everybody gets burned once just to learn a lesson, in my case it was an expensive one, because I wasn't as experienced with fiberglass then and it needed more than just dremel grinding.

Jon

BTW use the forum, check everywhere, search, PROJECT FORUM, there is a great write-up on prelude CAI's there.

Hope I could help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts