Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay everyone. This has been along time in the making. It was something I started years ago when I first got the car but then I went awall and never finished it up.

This guide will not go in to detail on how to remove the interior parts.

Parts you need.

Momo Pit Stop Shift Handle (whatever style you want)

Momo Ebrake Button Adapter A6 (Designed for Hondas)

Custom Metal Button - PM King6 he has a few sizes I had him make for this project. One fits looser and one is a spot on tight fit, you will need to sand the thicker section a bit. Here is one I made on a 3D printer as an example.

Custom Ebrake Boot - This is designed for our cars and is made to fit the plastic gromet that ships with the Momo Pit Stop Handle - PM RedlineGoods for details, they also offer standard size with out the handle.

Okay so after the interior has been pulled its pretty simple.

You need to cut :angel: away all of the plastic crap on the stock handle like pictured.

Place the adapter inside the handle and then the button inside of the adapter.

You will also need to remove the plastic guard that is attached to the underside of the center console. 6 screws.

Place that center console over the ebrake.

Then put your new ebrake boot over the handle and push it down.

Then place the gromet over the handle the cuts in the gromet should face toward the handle / dash.

Then place the new handle on, so that it is flush to the stock button.

The Pit Stop Handle will come with four allen head screws. You can only use three of them since the plastic cover had to be cut off. The metal ebrake is hollow on the bottom. So one in each side and one on the top. Tight them down evenly so that your handle is aligned straight.

Pull the gromet up over the edge of the handle where the screws were placed.

Then pull the boot up over the gromet.

Reinstall the interior.

Quick and Dirty. Any questions feel free to ask.

Ignore the shift boot as I havent fitted it yet.

Also the shift boot and arm rest cover were both made by RedlineGoods.

Thanks!

AJ

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
very nice, flows well with the existing interior.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct Momo only sells button adapters. Which at the time I didnt find any that would fit our car. Plus that would leave you with a black button.

Its creates a really nice contrast. The momo handle is so long that the button also helps the ebrake handle not get swallowed.

So did the Momo handle not come with a button, or could you not use it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts