Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a crappy start at work today (I work as a telemarketer, how bad is that?) I decided to take my lunch break today with my gf who works down the street at a clothing store. With my cigarette lit, tunes cranked I took off, almost tempted to beep my horn and flip my entire building off. As I stopped for the first light, a women in her 30s pulls up beside me in a Rose coloured Eclipse GS-T. Im guessing she is either driving her boyfriends car or going through a midlife crisis, because she has chinese stickers all over the damn car. I glare at her, and she glares back almost trying to tell me that when the light turns green, and the 2 lanes merge to 1 she will be ahead of me. Not that I care though, but then again this is a chick driving a pink eclipse, though. As I screw around with the radio and debate if I should bother risk getting another speeding ticket ($115 ticket, 2 warnings in the last 3 weeks) the light suddenly turns green. I hear her engine start to wail, sort of like when your garbage disposal jams when you shove too much tuna casserole down it, and I punched it too, caught up after her minor headstart and continued neck and neck with her until she decides just to try and run me off the road. Seeing that letting her go in front of me is better than winding up in the plot of land to my right, i just slow down and let her go. I just kinda thought it was pitiful that a GS-T 5 speed would have done a bit better against a 91 mx6 auto, n/a. On a softer note, I withheld the urge to kill her and proceeded to grab lunch at taco bell with my girlfriend, sharing my story over a nice warm burrito.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I doubt that it's a real GS-T... when you mentioned about "chinese stickers" on the car.. the word ricer just comes to mind, and when you think of ricers, you think of wannabe fast cars with just stickers and no high performance stuff. I doubt it was a GS-T, cuz those are faster than our cars.. and i'm talking about the turbo and LS version. But then again, c'mon it's a girl driver :D jk

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
mmmmm... burrito...

-meaty

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, im 99.9% sure it was a real GS-T, do those have turbo? I might have been an auto, but none the less she could hold pull ahead of me to save her life. But i slowed down to save mine :p

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Opps, forgot to ask...So a GS-T would beat both a 1st gen turbo and a second gen V6? Im assuming you mean a 5 speed GS-T, how would the auto's hold up against our cars?

G

·
mx6 vs gst

I dont know how much faster they are because i raced one and i kicked his ass by 2 cars till about 80 and he started pulling on me i live in ut all i have on my engine is intake, wires , and exhaust. I have the Ls but still i wasn't impressed.

G

·
I DONT KNOW GUYS...I DROVE A 95 GST WITH OVER 90,000 miles on it and it was even a little ragged out, and it had more bag than my 96 m edition...with a v6 and 40,000 miles on it.
those things have 200+ horsepower...
but i never raced one so what do i know....

what part of new hampshire you from caffeine?
im originally from maine...wells to be exact.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live in the Portsmouth area, so not too far from Wells

·
Registered
734 Posts
You can give the GS-T's and GSX's about 20 more HP for free... There are little things you do like pull a hose off and crimp another... It's insane that you can get so much FREE horsepower.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts