Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to Connecticut for the Thanksgiving weekend, an Eclipse rolled up on me pretty fast and then slowed down along side me and revved his engine. I knew he wanted to play so I dropped it into 4th and we took off. I was only slightly ahead of him when I came up on a car in my lane and didn't want to cut the eclipse off. So I waited for the Eclipse to go by and got in his lane and caught him and then passed him on the right going about 110. At this point I was coming up on heavy traffic in the right lane. Maybe because I had the chance to cut him off before and didn't, he flashed the beams to let me get in his lane to avoid the cars. I've raced crazy bastards (mostly ricers) before who think that winning is running your opponent off the road or hitting them, but this dude was chill. Good lookin out, Eclipse.

·
Registered
897 Posts
that was nice of him :) but you kinda left out some juicy details, what's car/mods you drive and what type of eclipse you raced? gsr, gst or gsx :D

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I do that too. When I'm racing someone and they come up to a car in thier lane. I'll slow down to let them get ahead of me. Then I'll smoke them when they move over :) But at least I'm nice about it :)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i have a story about an eclipse. i was comeing home last night on this road that the speed limit is about 35. i came up on a light and this red GS was setting there, ithe light turned green right before i got next to him. so being that it may, i wanted to see what he had, i pushed it and he got left in the dust. but i saw him kick his and he was on his back way up the road. the next light we both sat side by side. i knew at this time he was thinking to him stuff "what is that car", i knew he was going to go so when the light turned green i hit the gas and so did he, he had a 5spd with out question. he caught 1st and 2nd, i could hear them chirp. i was going about 50 in the 35 and we were side by side off the start. i started to pull on him about from 35 to 50. i had to get over in that lane to turn off so it was no way i was going to let him get in front of me so. the next thing i know i see this old POS pull out in front of us, it stays in his lane and hit the gas and flash the 4 ways on him. i think i would have still bet him if that car didnot pull in front of him. i have auto to, with intake and exhaust with my v6, the auto is not running its best right now. but just enough to win the race i guess.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
alter ego said:
that was nice of him :) but you kinda left out some juicy details, what's car/mods you drive and what type of eclipse you raced? gsr, gst or gsx :D
theres a gsr??? i thought it was only RS (1.6L), a GS (2.0L), a GS-T (2.0L turbo), and the GSX (2.0L Turbo AWD). and then the V-6 GT for 00-01. what are the specs on the gsr?

oooh and i beat a plymouth laser turbo (93-93 MTX) with my K&N drop-in and cat-back and he got sooo mad at me. theres a lot of gangs and guys who try to act hardcore in NM (rendell can verify this). he was lookin at me (glaring, mad dogging, jenos, whatever you wanna call it) before we raced. finally he pulls up and he aint even lookin at the light. hes lookin at me all mean again. i throw my head back and laugh at him like he was a comedian so he revvs his engine. i rev back, the light turns green, and i yank on him right off the line before his turbo could spool up! 2nd i start pullin even more. i hit about 55 (in a 45) and back off. he catches up and as i let him pass (hes still tryin to be hard) i just laugh my ass off. every time i see him after that i laugh at him. its nice to know that there are SOME courteous eclipse drivers. most ppl (especialy girls) think that when they get an eclipse, all of a sudden they become the sh!tz or sumthin. same with mustangs. oh well:rolleyes:

·
Registered
98 Posts
gotta be careful when ur racing ppl here in east.vancouver u pull sum**** like that and u'll most likely git shot so don't b too cocky

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Spoolin'S12 said:
gotta be careful when ur racing ppl here in east.vancouver u pull sum**** like that and u'll most likely git shot so don't b too cocky
BREAK YOSELF, EH

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
rs (2.0) bud its the same 420a thats in the neon in the rs and gs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts