Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 91 Lx, and right below the AC button there is a button that says ECO. I have no clue what that button is for. This car did not come with a owners manual, so if you could tell me what it does. Thanks

:help:

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
The button is for gas milage. when its on ECO it doesnt let the engine rev is high as when its on power.

something like that, i dont have an automatic

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
no, hes not talking about the power/economy mode for the transmission.. hes talking about the economy air conditioning button... if you press the economy button, it doesnt make the air conditioner run as hard [therefor not using as much gas cause the engine doesnt have to work as hard]

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
my bad, i know what your talking about now.

it pretty much saves you gas, and your coolent but dont use the ECO mode when its really hot out. you wont get the most out of your AC

ive never used it before, ive only used my AC 7 times since i got the car

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
mx6gt91, you have to let your ac run for couple of minutes every couple of days or weeks . if you don't your ac comp. go bad !!!

man, you gotta have ac on in Florida !!!!

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
The "ECO" button reduces the duty cycle of the air conditioning compressor when the "A/C" button is on, effectively giving less power to the compressor, and hence, less cooling but better fuel economy.

·
Chillin'
4,971 Posts
iggypop said:
mx6gt91, you have to let your ac run for couple of minutes every couple of days or weeks . if you don't your ac comp. go bad !!!
man, you gotta have ac on in Florida !!!!
Huh? I went a summer in Lakeland without my AC. I just rolled down the windows and put back the moonroof.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Really!?!! that would suck but i dont use my AC, it seems like its straining the car so i dont use it. plus the cars too slow.

i wouldnt care that much if my AC stopped working, i kinnda wish it didnt work cause my intercooler piping is going to have to run under the intercooler cause of the AC comp.

ohh well

Huh? I went a summer in Lakeland without my AC. I just rolled down the windows and put back the moonroof.
thats what i do, but there are some times when it gets real hot at a stop light and i turn the AC on.

huuhmm, maybe im just weird:jump:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Really!?!! that would suck but i dont use my AC, it seems like its straining the car so i dont use it. plus the cars too slow.
just turn on your ac when you warm your car.it really needs just a couple min to run every now and then .
yeah , i hate when my ac is on . my car is already slow ,but with ac it feels like you loose 20 hp.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
cool air

Yep, even in the midst of our Pa. winters, it's a good practice to run the AC a few times a month. This helps keep the seals and internal parts in good shape. Then when you really do need it, you'll still have it. Use it or lose it !
If you don't have use for it, unbolt the dead weight for more power. Personally, I prefer being cool on those hot & humid days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 91 Lx, and right below the AC button there is a button that says ECO. I have no clue what that button is for. This car did not come with a owners manual, so if you could tell me what it does. Thanks
anyone know wear I can locate wiring schematic for the twobutton at the dashlight no longerwork and I don't belive the system is working correctly diagrams only no lip please
]
I nee to know wear the wires are runninmg to tis all

1 - 15 of 15 Posts