Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my KLZE swapped! Woo Hoo, really fast! Anyway, I bought a corksport ECU from somebody, and it's jsut a chip(looks like a computer chip) well I have no idea how to put it in. I took the unit out of the center console opened it up and all the chips that were in there are soldered in! I think I'm just looking in the wrong place. Anyone know where the ecu chip is located? Do I have to solder this thing in? The guy who gave it to me said it was real easy, like a 5 min. job...

Thanks!
Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I found out that I'm going to have to solder...Next question is, which chip do I need to swap out? Does anyone know what the code is on the top of the chip of the MX-3 stock ecu? Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps posting over at MX-3.com would be of some help. Do a search over there as well. I'd imagine the K8 ecu being at least slightly different to that of the KL03's, but am not positive of that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got my KLZE swapped! Woo Hoo, really fast! Anyway, I bought a corksport ECU from somebody, and it's jsut a chip(looks like a computer chip) well I have no idea how to put it in. I took the unit out of thcenter console opened it up and all the chips that were in there are soldered in! I think I'm just looking in the wrong place. Anyone know where the ecu chip is located? Do I have to solder this thing in? The guy who gave it to me said it was real easy, like a
Perhaps posting over at MX-3.com would be of some help. Do a search over there as well. I'd imagine the K8 ecu being at least slightly different to that of the KL03's, but am not positive of that.
This video should help a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got my KLZE swapped! Woo Hoo, really fast! Anyway, I bought a corksport ECU from somebody, and it's jsut a chip(looks like a computer chip) well I have no idea how to put it in. I took the unit out of the center console opened it up and all the chips that were in there are soldered in! I think I'm just looking in the wrong place. Anyone know where the ecu chip is located? Do I have to solder this thing in? The guy who gave it to me said it was real easy, like a 5 min. job...

Thanks!
Kevin
This would definitely help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts