Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is the ecu/ecm/ computer located in the 94 v6?... i have heard in the consoul under the radio, under passenger floorboard, ... any clue where it really is??

·
Registered
734 Posts
Right behind the Cigarette lighter and tray. You have to take off the entire centre console to get to it though. Silver box about the size of a sandwich. Make sure you unplug your battery before you start to play with it.

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
All you need to do is pull up on the ashtray bezel - you don't even need to unplug the wires for the cig. lighter, but it is easier if you do, and then turn the entire assembly counter clockwise 90 degrees. then, unplug the ant. wire (the big black one). Unplug the three harness going into the computer. Remove the 2 8mm bolts that hold it in place and pull it out. The thing is out in about 2 minutes. If you have an atx, put the car in N before you start. I never unhook the battery either btw, but I don't do it with the key in the run position either.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
hughes46 said:
All you need to do is pull up on the ashtray bezel - you don't even need to unplug the wires for the cig. lighter, but it is easier if you do, and then turn the entire assembly counter clockwise 90 degrees. then, unplug the ant. wire (the big black one). Unplug the three harness going into the computer. Remove the 2 8mm bolts that hold it in place and pull it out. The thing is out in about 2 minutes. If you have an atx, put the car in N before you start. I never unhook the battery either btw, but I don't do it with the key in the run position either.
^ This guy knows how to take an mx6 apart better than just about anyone :)

Very helpful post Mike.
-Garrett

1 - 7 of 7 Posts