Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Yes I have that ECU see this picture

But there appear to be differences.. is it from a manual trans car?

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
You can see there are no pins on connector 2.. So this ECU is for a manual transmission but still OBDII & MAF

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think there is no else to do than try the ECU in the actual car to see if it even works.. Just not now, because my other car is lent to one of my friends, and i dont want to risk F-ing up something in it :D

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I think your right, there is only try it and see... I think this ECU is for manual trans - KL68 !! Which if you have a manual trans it won't have any warning lights on the dash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just for the kicks.. This is the KF41 ECU from the lantis v6, manual, no immobilizer, and OBD1. All lantis had MAFs, B6BF coded like the mx5 nb 1.8.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
:)(y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same board ID number as the KL47 (079721-4301) and still, this is an OBD1 ecu altough it has a MAF instead of VAF.. Courious

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Did you have any success??

I tried my non immobilised ECU in my car with the MAF plugged in (no temp sensor) but the car would not start. I am not sure what I did with the air temp sensor, perhaps it wouldn't start if it does not see that... did not want to waste too much time on it as I need the car as a daily drivers.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I tried my non immobilised ECU in my car with the MAF plugged in (no temp sensor) but the car would not start. I am not sure what I did with the air temp sensor, perhaps it wouldn't start if it does not see that... did not want to waste too much time on it as I need the car as a daily drivers.

I havent had any time to fiddle with it unfortunately, but if i can try it i will definetly post the results here

·
Registered
10 Posts

Hello!
I finally rebuilt the engine and swapped it in my lantis, for the break in period i was runnig the KF ecu.

A few days ago i had plugged the KL47 ecu in the harness, wired in the knock sensor, and bypassed the factory immobiliser via wiring the fuel pump relay directly to the ecu output. The car didnt start, only sputtered a bit, but that was with the B6BF maf.

I wired a plug for the factory harness for the KL47 maf and IAT, and now everything works as it should :) expect for the idle.. it wants to idle at 600rpm no matter what i do to it, and thats too low, the engine shakes a bit.. Maybe it has to do with the kl47 being an automatic trans ecu.. I was thinking to wire constant ground to the range select input, telling the ecu that the trans is always in drive, but i didnt tried that yet.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts