Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
just a bit of info from those in the know...

myself aswell as a few others are looking at either 'chips' or total ecu upgrades...

top of my list so far is the EMS Dual Sport unit...anyone have experience with this particular computer?

we were considering microtech but it seems to lack detail in its maps...

anyone with info regarding differant comps please feel free to post your comments....but be realistic too - i'd love a motec but $2600 plus loom, install, handcontroller and software is a little over the top :eek:

thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
A mate of mine put a wolf 3d system in his pintara TRX, and has had a lot of trouble tuning it. He says that if he did it all again, he would have saved the extra money and bought a more expensive unit, guess you get what you pay for. If just going for a chip instead of a whole engine management system, I'd go Unichip, as they are custom tuned for the individual vehicle, unlike some "one size fits all" chips.

·
Registered
360 Posts
What is the ECU upgrade for? Spark timing? Fuel map? Can those good looking Apexi units do the job?

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
already checked - the scaleing system in our aifflow meters isn;'t linear and because of that the APEXi SAFC isn't compatible :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts