Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am going to go after a few problems that are driving me nuts and on the small list of things to go after.

1) I keep fighting with the EGR Boost Sensor... and honestly I am starting to think its part of my raised idle problems. For those with no EGR or a ZE are you having any problems? I have mine connected to a VRIS and then the EGR Boost Sensor.
I am going to swap in another EGR Boost Sensor, but def looking for some new idea's.

2) My idle is great when I start and then just creeps up... to 1500-1900 and stays there for the rest of the day no matter what.... its pissing me off and I think it might have to do with above. I have checked the TPS its good, there are no vaccum leaks that I can find, I have set the idle more then once. I have no idea whats causing it at this point so I am open to others idea's.

3) My top dash trim rattles from being loose I assume. I also have too work on where the main dash seems to be coming up so I figured why not get two things at once.
On the Probe's there is a small piece that pops off and there is a 10mm bolt under it that you can tighten. I have seen nothing like that so I assume there is a different approach I will notice once I start playing around with it tomorrow fixing a few little things (Wiring, etc).

So any thoughts on the Main High RPM and EGR issue would be great. I want to keep tackling these things I put off or ignore. I also want to make a few other small changes that I keep thinking of so lets see what happens.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
same issue with the rpms and the booster keeps dying.

the dash trim pops out and maybe you have a broken connector. or sometime when the clips wear out they don't push out and leave some gap to vibrate. maybe alittle tap across the clip will close that gap. i also have this same issue and since you do to i'll look into mine and see what it is.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
yes, it has to be your EGR/Boost sensor. I read someones reply to a thread on mine on PT, that if i left the EGR in the intake manifold unplugged it would mess the idle up i believe. i cant quite remember. i will try to find exactly what he said

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well so far I removed the vacuum line and its running a hell of a lot better. (The EGR Boost Sensor that is)
But when I checked codes I have like 6 or 7 weird ones o_O
I am not sure if it was me cleaning it and putting in the CZT or if there are problems... so I am going to drive it around and try again tomorrow to see what comes back. The idle adjusted before I checked it but still those codes were strange so I want to see what happens... the car felt fine but it gave a TPS error, Fuel Errors, MAP/BARO (Which I expected) it was strange.

Anyway off to tomorrow... I was advised to put the IAC Coolant lines back on but I was lazy today lol. I shall see tomorrow about it. I was supposed to wiring in that mirror, fix the wiring issue with my pod lighting and clean the wiring in the engine bay further... and I didn't lol. I hate the cold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts