Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So call me weird, but from everything I've searched and read on here, the EGR valve has an electrical connection running to it? In the midst of trying to solve a stumbling idle problem, I decided to check and clean my EGR. I know that I'm holding the right part in my hand...100% positive, but I had no electrical connection to it. Is the connection only on the V6's or a different year, or what's the deal?

Car is a 93 mx6 2.0 MTX if that helps. I even tried searching car parts catalogs and they all show this connector. I have no CE codes, just a stumbly idle that I'm pretty sure is poor vacuum. I'll be replacing the VCG this weekend as well.

So long story short, what's your thoughts? Why this strange difference?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I will double check in my Haynes manual.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
All it reads about the EGR is that some have one and some have two vacuum lines.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know, thanks. I do have two vac lines. It's a bummer this one doesn't come apart though, I was wanting to clean it really well, but I guess an outside spraying will have to do.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If your car was built to meet California emission standards, it should have the wire on it (for the EGR position sensor). If you don't have a California car, there shouldn't be any wires on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts