Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone im new to this site and i have recently just got my first mx-6. I love the car and compared to my last one its like a dream lol but anyway i go to a local car show/ street race meet thing every tuesday night and some one offered me Eibach lowering springs for $50. i was very interested but ive never done something like that to a car so idk how i would put them in or idk if its a good deal. Could someone tell me everything i need to know like could i use the stock shocks on the car or would i need new ones and they just bolt right up? Thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
You will need new shocks/struts to go with the eibach springs. That's a nice deal on them though. I love my eibach springs.

Installing springs and struts is not extremely hard. I am sure someone else will chime in here about what's the best way to do it.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
50 bucks for eibach springs? better make sure they're made specifically for our car.... might be some springs they stole off a civic or something and are selling them to anyone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replys and yes im deffinatly going to check them he said he was going to bring them this tuesday so i can look at them, but to make sure they are four my car how would i know? Also what kind of shock/struts would work best with the lowering springs. One more question lol ive heard that lowering a car can screw up the whole suspention is that true and if so how can i put these in without messing the suspension up?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
you will need a spring compressor and a decent torque bar to remove the bottom strut bolts. stock struts will work if they are not too old and ready to give out. kyb struts are an affordable stock replacement strut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts