Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Eibachs for GT's

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Donic 
#1 ·
I would like anyone to respond that has installed EIBACH'S (I guess the ProKit)in there GT. According to Eibach it won't work or fit for our top model. I believe ANTIsuv installed them but I'm not exactly sure. I just contacted Tokico to find struts and they only offer the High Performance (non adjustable) strut. They state it really good, but I'm still undecided over getting adjustable or non. Need serious feedback on what to install, don't want to take in the a$$ later. Now isn't it true that INTRAX & SUSPENSION TECHNIQUES are terrible springs? Thanx for everyones help, it is much appreciated.

#3 ·
I know there are many threads for struts/springs out there. Unfortunetly all you N/A car owners don't have the AAS. Believe me when I says this, there is a crap load of suspension Sh!t for you guys. As for me (and my GT) there has been very little to none offering for our model, don't ask me why they only make it for the N/A.

#4 ·
Suspension Quote

I just got a suspension quote. This is for Tokico High Performance (non adj) struts - $91/ea ($364). Eibach Pro Kit Springs $200/set. Eibach Anti Sway Bar Kit (Front & Rear) $380 (I think that is a little high). Labor $300 (which includes alignment)!! Not sure if thats a good deal or not please advise. Sounds like a kick a$$ suspension.

#5 ·
The various companies don't list their struts as fitting the GT because they assume that the GT owners will want to keep the AAS feature. They only say that you can't buy their products for the GT because you can't install them without removing the AAS.

I did the same thing as you jjjbowen. I called several companies and asked about various parts for my car and everyone said "we don't have anything for you" or whatever. But then I asked my Mazda parts guy if there was any reason why non-AAS struts wouldn't fit in my car and he said no. So I called up Summit and told them I drove an LX and ordered my Eibachs and KYBs from them. Everything fit fine without a hitch. I didn't have to change my strut mounts or anything (though I do need new ones now so I should have). So just don't listen to what those places say. Those KYBs and Tokicos WILL fit your car without any problems, and I do recommend you get Eibach springs. Just take off the strut actuator motors, slap in those struts/springs, and replace your AAS switch with the changeholder/cubby hole that the LX/DX came with ($5 from Mazda).

I haven't heard anything bad about Suspension Tech. Though I do think, from what I know about the company, that Intrax is more for posing than anything else ( I don't mean to offend the Intrax owners). I wouldn't buy them if you are interested in handling. Eibach does tons of testing and really knows their stuff when it comes to suspension. They and H&R are OEM suppliers for many car companies. So since H&R springs are thin on the ground these days, I'd get the Eibachs if I were you.

Just my opinions..

#6 ·
The prices sound good except for the labor. I paid $180 for instalation of my struts and springs and that included alignment. The sway bars should only take a little time. In fact, you could easily do them yourself. By the way, I'm very happy with my suspension set up.(check signature) The ride is still nice, but handling is improved considerably over stock. It's like another car. Some body roll, but very controlled, and MUCH quicker in quick transitions. Plus, the springs were only $100 new from ebay, and the struts were $55 each from NOPI.

#8 ·
Labor is VERY fair. In NC you'd get charged that for the struts and alignment alone. 4 hours labor @ 65/hr and 60 for the align. 320 total. No telling about the sway bars. I'd guess about another 2-3 hrs. Take the labor price and love it!

#11 ·
I paid $180 to have the springs and struts installed, and an alignment done all at the same time. I live in Monterey, CA and hade the work done in my home town of Pacific Grove, CA.

#13 ·
I just got a quote for similar work which I'm considering. (In Australia)

Koni adjustable $848
formula King springs 30mm lower $282
bump stops $120
wheel align $55
labour $125

Total $1430 Australian
$696.88 US

#15 ·
I've owned my 1st gen. for seven years and it has all been stock standard until now.

Yesterday I had the Koni adjustable and 30mm lowered springs installed on my '89 turbo. It was expensive ($1375 Australian) - I could have spent the money on an exhaust system which I need. Anyways.
The ride is sporty but not too uncomfortable. Still some body roll when going round a corner fast and accelerating no where near as much as stock. Braking is much better as the car does not "dive" so much the stopping distance is noticably shorter. This is good.
Steering feels heavier. I did not expect this to happen but I kind of like it.
The car does not look much lower, but it feels lower when sitting inside and I notice it getting out of the car. Overall I'm happy but it hurt my wallet a bit.

Dom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.