Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a slight problem...

Last weekend I installed a Bazooka RS10A-HP in the trunk of my car. I have installed a few of the same model in other cars, along with different competition systems. However, as I was driving along today the little electrical warning light on the dash lit up. What is the deal with that light? I have never had any problem like this before! Any help would be appreciate.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a little odd shaped light right on the left hand side of the high beam light

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I'm confused then. I thought I read in the book it was an electrical warning light. Maybe I'll just stop by the dealer I bought it from tomorrow. Thanks man.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Buddy, I guarantee that it is the CEL. I know its a stretch, but that "little odd shaped light" is supposed to resemble your engine. Since you have a '93, you can pull your own error codes. If your car feels fine, there's a good chance its just O2 sensors (a little over $100 for the pair). I suppose if you bought the vehicle VERY recently, you may talk the dealer into the repair, but lets not get too hasty. Pull the codes. Run a search for CEL in the 2nd Gen. Maintenance forum... Diagnosis is VERY easy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like a plan. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts