Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The electrical warning light is on in my car. I want to know if after I fix the problem, will I have to reset or clear the code that was causing the warning light to get it to go off? Thanks

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yes, you have to clear the codes as they are stored. Disconnect the battery and hold the brake down, this will clear all codes so you start fresh. Have you pulled the codes to see what the code is?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know specifically what the code is. I am assuming that it is the intake temp sensor code. I know this because I just installed a CAI. I used the temp sensor from a mustang and I don't know how to hook the wires up so that the wiring is correct. I was told by a guy on this site that the mustang temp sensor would fit the threads for my intake. It fits perfectly, now I just need to know how to wire it. Now that I know I need to reset the codes - I guess it will just be trial and error. Thanks a lot. By the way - if you (or anyone) know which wires go where - it would be helpful. i have a yellow wire with a red line on it and a blue wire with a yellow line on it (i think). I will check and reply to be sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
what warning light is that for? because My warning light for my washer motor is on and won't go off is there anything I can do?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
the warning light means there is a prolbem. so you need to find out what is not working and go form there,

btw look at the date of the other posts. but A+ for searching

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
no about 2 weeks a go there was one form 2000

1 - 8 of 8 Posts