Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few strange electrical problems that you guys might have come across before.

1, Headlights won't always switch on from headlight switch but work fine if you take a live feed direct to them. The side lights and fog lights all work from the switch without any problems, just the head lights and main beam.

2, Heated rear window works when it feels like and recently not at all.

3, Central locking has suddenly stop working, first the drivers door then the other door plus the trunk. The system will unlock but not lock.

Everything else seems cool but some attention is need to these problems, any suggestions or obvious pointers. All the fuses both in the car and under the hood are fine.

We no longer have a Mazda main dealer in our town and I don't want some Auto Electrician just prodding around and wasting my time and money, could this be a relay issue and if so which one.

TIA

·
Registered
488 Posts
EF MAX said:
I have a few strange electrical problems that you guys might have come across before.

1, Headlights won't always switch on from headlight switch but work fine if you take a live feed direct to them. The side lights and fog lights all work from the switch without any problems, just the head lights and main beam.
The switch is most likely dirty or going bad. Try to take it apart and clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol.

2, Heated rear window works when it feels like and recently not at all.
Could again be the switch, or if you have tint it might be messing it up . Also check to make sure the contacts at the window are tight and clean.

central locking has suddenly stop working,first the drivers door then the other door plus the trunk. The system will unlock but not lock.
Not quite sure on this as most Mazdas has a slave lock system here is the US, but again try cleaning and check the switch, it is usually the most common thing to go.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
hey...

do you have a stereo system in your car?

SolarSlash

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a stereo system for the car but at present the system is out of the car and is being upgraded before it goes back in.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
hey....

did you have an inline fuse up by the battery of your car?

SolarSlash

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a 200amp gold plated replacement wafer type fuse up by the battery and this also takes the two power feeds to both batteries in the boot which are then protected by two 200amp circuit breakers, but as I said, all the audio equipment is out of the car at present and the problems still persists.

What were you thinking?? I ask I kind of suspect a connection or relay problem in the fuse box area but I can not be sure just yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts