Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pondering at this one for a while now, so desided to ask people who know. intresting thing happens with mine, when i use my electric windows, lights dim( interior, dash, havent tried on headlights), when the car runs they dim but just by a bit, and when i start lights dim as if they not even on. whats happening here? do i need bigger batery?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, I have not noticed about the lights, but whenever I use my power windows, the sunroof, or switch on the heater for the rear window, the car loses power, accelleration noticably is slower, as if almost struggling to continue. If i operate the same items as above, when parked, and running the car in idle, idle drops to round 300 or so and always seems like it will stall on me, however that only applies to the power windows (that is when vehicle is stopped). I placed a brand new 70a battery in the car replacing a 55a battery (dont know if that is standard stock battery rating) and yet it keeps happening.. I was thinking it might be the alternator... but then again It could be so much else....

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I've noticed this in my old mx-6 as well. The electrical system was very strained with say the A/C, headlights, and wipers were on. The wipers would just start to move slower each time you turned something on (like turning the blower to hi). The windows moved slow as ass too. Also, when I had my system on that car, the headlights would dim a lot to the bass. When I transferred the system to my 626, there was no light dimming, and the electrical system itself seems to be a bit stronger (even though it's the same shit). It must be a cable somewhere that's corroded causing this to happen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts