Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wandering if anyone is running any variation of the Electromotive TEC.

Or maybe someone is considering buying a used one. I wouldn't mind helping out.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
If I recall correctly, Gavin's white car has an Electromotive TEC II....

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
Not quite yet. I have to make the phonecall soon to get rest of the accessories, but the car will be running a TEC3R.

Gavin

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Have you figured out how your going to setup the trigger wheel and mag sensor?

I think I have my old FT2 pulley with a near true rounded trigger wheel welded on. Its laying around somewhere.

If things go well this year, I might invest in the new TEC GT.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts

I think I have my old FT2 pulley with a near true rounded trigger wheel welded on. Its laying around somewhere.

is this a 36-1 wheel? care to share with the masses...or just me? I need/want to get my EDIS4 system up and going :p

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts

Havent worked that out yet. My initial thoughts are to drill and tap the aluminum crank pulley I have for the car. Wheel will be on the outside (cant see it being on the inside with all the plastic in the way). Theres a couple points to the left of the crank pulley that look to be good mounting points for the mag sensor.

Ive been lookng at the TEC-GT as well. Very nice features and shows the future for the (eventually coming) TEC4. Wondering if its worth the trade for the TEC3-r.

Zack....I think electromotive tends to do work with 60-2 wheels. I dont see why they couldnt use a 36-1 wheel as well. My guess is that they just want better resolution.

Gavin

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
My uses would be for MS...which is totally off topic for a TEC discussion ;)

·
Vendor
570 Posts
Electromotive's software is built around a 60-2 wheel and they didn't put any flexibility into it. I suspect this is a mix of wanting more resolution and the program being easier to write that way.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is this a 36-1 wheel? care to share with the masses...or just me? I need/want to get my EDIS4 system up and going :p
60-2 wheel that is about 1/8" thick. Makes for more room compared to the 3/4" thick EDIS wheel. I would find a suitable mounting spot for the VR sensor first, and then mount the wheel on the pulley.

Theres a couple points to the left of the crank pulley that look to be good mounting points for the mag sensor.
You'll have more room to the right, towards the front. This weekend I will take dimensions on my mag bracket for sure, and send the specs your way. And If you want my pulley with the 60-2 wheel on it let me know.

My guess is that they just want better resolution.
Very true. :tup:

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
You'll have more room to the right, towards the front. This weekend I will take dimensions on my mag bracket for sure, and send the specs your way. And If you want my pulley with the 60-2 wheel on it let me know.
Send me a picture.

Gavin

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Upgraded.

I just picked up an e-prom upgrade. It is the WinTEC 1 software chip. Part number WT001T2. Its not the latest, but it sure is better than the DOS based PAFZ software. And I got it for free. I called up BEGI and spoke with whom I believe to be Mr. Bell himself. He doesn't work with electromotive anymore, but did recommend me to a place that sent me a chip and some hard to find DOS software for free.

So now I have software that works with both PAFZ and wintec chip. Of course I had to create a new calibration file, but it started right up. And with a few adjustments to TOG, IOT, and Inj offset and timing, I had it reving smoothly from idle with no load. AFR's were around 12-13 on my 880cc injectors.

Now its time to tune some cruise driving, and them some boost.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Silly rabbit, you know I've been wrestling with the tune on my TECII for several years now! Well, that and a few little gremlins left that need exterminating!

I've been away from it for the last couple years due to work/personal distractions but hope to be back full-on by this spring becuse jeasuschristonapogostick I'm ready for this project to be done!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this thread is very old but all I can say about electromotive is the experience my brother and I got back at 1999 when we were working on a Mitsu Starion the model was the last of the Starion Conquest, we bought the car with Microtec 4 fuel only combined with electromotive spark only, that car was fun to drive, previous owner installed the wheel on the crank pulley without care and the pulley separated like a puzzle, to be able to run the car we installed the factory distributor but car was never the same not even 1 tenth of what it was, found a used pulley took it to a well known parts and chassis builder installed the wheel in a safe place where the pulley doesn't loose strength (bare with my English is not my first language) went home put all back together and the car lived again, since brother saw the big difference without the electromotive after a few months he upgraded to a full electromotive control, fuel and spark, sold the old electromotive and Microtech, after doing some tuning the difference was heaven and earth, then we upgrade from the factory 2 fuel injectors to a 4 injectors using a different mitsu intake, car did 300 whp and bit more, car has being parked for the past 11 years after brother died at 25 years old 18 wheeler fall a sleep and crashed the security guard booth where he was working.
If I could have the spare cash to spend I would definitely go with electromotive without considering anything else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts