Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever heard of an electrronic supercharger? It is basically a fan that attaches to your intake, and engages at wide open throttle. It provides 3 psi of boost, and is guaranteed for 4%-6% horsepower increase. does anyone have any experience or input. Thier web site has dyno plots that show noticable power gains. It is avalible for around $300. I will post the address later.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The e-RAM gives you a whopping 1 psi boost at the cost of $300! On a dyno chart of a stock Civic, it put down 4 additional HP.

I think this may be true at WOT (the only time it's on), but at any other throttle positions, it's going to be restricting normal airflow. For about $150 more, you can buy a nitrous kit and achieve an equivalent of 8-10 psi.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
This has been discussed here at mx6.com and probetalk.com several times before. I'd say that most of people who has ever had (or has even read few books...) forced induction, are saying that this is bullsh*t. I dunno, never had a SC´d or turbo'd car but even I think it aint worth the money and effort. Just to let you know what others have thought about this. Well, I hope this helps you. I'd recommend for you guys at least do a search on probetalk.com's forced induction and it gives you more information, I think.
Hope this helps you.
Mici :freak:

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
deejayarse said:
This has been discussed here at mx6.com and probetalk.com several times before. I'd say that most of people who has ever had (or has even read few books...) forced induction, are saying that this is bullsh*t. I dunno, never had a SC´d or turbo'd car but even I think it aint worth the money and effort. Just to let you know what others have thought about this. Well, I hope this helps you. I'd recommend for you guys at least do a search on probetalk.com's forced induction and it gives you more information, I think.
Hope this helps you.
Mici :freak:
Even better, I'd read one person who'd had this thing installed on his car had it fail - a nut came off the fan shaft - which caused a catastrophic engine failure after it ingested said nut.

As for 3PSI, no way. There's a big, big difference between a fan and a compressor.

·
Registered
283 Posts
They provide a safety screen to stop any debris coming off the unit. Overall it looks decently built. The only thing is that it's a pretty expensive mod with questionable gain.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I read the e-mails about the guy who had that problem, and apparently the safety screen didn't do its job. I would stay FAR FAR away from e-ram. Besides being a piece of shit itself, it's made by a piece of shit company, and it is insanely overpriced for the amount of hp boost you get.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
so what is the final verdict? that it isn't worth the money? and is poorly crafted?
i was thinking of rigging up a ram air with this, but from what i can figure it is a bad idea. thanks for the help.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
How can you say that anything in the way of your air flow will help give you horsepower. Hummmmmm. I don't think it would be a wise investment.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Can you say Spiral Max....

Don't buy into it. If you want extra performance use the money for intake/exhaust and a set of pulleys.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
PAracing6 said:
so what is the final verdict? that it isn't worth the money? and is poorly crafted?
i was thinking of rigging up a ram air with this, but from what i can figure it is a bad idea. thanks for the help.
youre paying $300 for a fan. ive thought about this and what i would do if i was doin this is...

have a high speed fan to push more like 5-6 PSI. mount it behind the filter and have it on a speed controller.

or...

have it on all the time and have a BOV on the intake side. those pulsating BOVs are scary sounding...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts