Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I have been trying to locate this "Resistor Pack" that controls the 4 speed blower for the heater/ AC...I have read previous posts, and they all seem to say that this elusive monster is behind the glove box, mounted on the firewall (inside the passenger compartment)...

I went to my '89 MX-6 GT, removed the glove compartment, heater blower assembly (duct and everything!) and ripped out the heater core...found the fire-wall, a few wire-bundles running through...but nothing that looked like the descriptions I've heard...

Can anyone tell me EXACTLY where to look? Does anyone have a photo they can send me to at least know what I'm looking for? I've been into the dash area (stereo install) and kinda know my way around, but how far do I gotta dig?

Replaced the fan motor, checked and cleaned relay near battery, new heater control panel soon, from the '89...no change...works when it wants, speeds 2, 3, 4...

All help appreciated...

Thanx

warrlock2000

·
Registered
100 Posts
I guess something easier to do is go get your new one from the Dealer. It's Mazda part # GJ21-61-B15 it's $55.11 at cost. $64.17 is retail.
(Note, the "B15" in the part number may be "815"... just making sure, as I can't read my writing that I wrote down :)

I am ordering this part in a few weeks and will be doing the same thing you're doing...

It's in the computer as "Blower motor resistor pack"

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Yup very easy to find right on the underside of the blower motor. I got mine from a JY for free... gotta love those pocket parts :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greetings!

Big thanx, magik8! As usual, you pull through again! Too bad for me, though...that "resistor pack" came out with the heater blower assembly (shroud and motor) that I removed a while back...switched the motor, and stored the rest of it at mom's about an hour away. I'll tear it out on the weekend when I head down for the visit this weekend...no wonder I couldn't find it!

warrlock2000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts