Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure learned my lesson.

I don't think I need to go through the details. Just what you would expect. Got beat badly through every gear

·
Registered
734 Posts
Me too... A modified one at that... it was great getting spanked by a car like that.... ahhhh....

·
Registered
61 Posts
honestly it's a great honor to be raced by a car like that ;)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i just wish i could see one and try to race it.

thanks for not BSing about it, not that you do that or anything. it has just been a on going thing on here. later

·
Registered
621 Posts
Coverette

I think the C5 is a Callaway version of the Chev Corvette - I think it's using the same engine as the 300kw HSV GTS. I'm sure all the guys on the other side of the Pacific know!

By the way blindfreddie, I dropped in on RRR 20min after you today!

The bad news is he wants $8000AUD for the complete thing on v6 - including CAI, supercharger (I'm more of a low end kinda guy) custom headers and dual 2.5" exhaust.

He's going to do the headers exhaust and CAI for $1200-$1300 AUD.

cya

·
Registered
734 Posts
MattDogg said:
Were you driving your GTP?
No. I was in low altitude with a mildly modded Thunderbird V8 (my wife's) I didn't have the GTP at that time... this was in the end of Feb. or very beginning of March... I got the GTPon the 26'th of March

·
Registered
734 Posts
Blind Freddie said:
whats a C5?
It is a corvette that chirped them through every gear he shifted into... he could stop in third because he was at LEAST 3 car lengths...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your GTP has to be faster than the T-bird. My best friend has a 91 T-bird V8 and it's not very fast

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i saw a GTP pull on a saleen... it was probly the N/A S281 but those still do high 12s...have you run your GTP?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I give you props for even getting the guy to run you! It must say something about your car if he actually wanted to go. There's not much that will beat a C5, so I would have just had fun to to see how bad he could beat me. He could pull the 1-3-5 shift pattern and still womp me, but it would be cool to hear the LT-1 roar!

·
Registered
175 Posts
"Vette" was NO problem for me!

I beat a C5 No Problem once...it was parked on the road! Still, feels good to pass a car like that! :)

·
Registered
734 Posts
The GTP is about 1sec faster 0-60.. the Thunderbird is LIGHTLY modded and the GTP is full stock. I'm going to put a K&N in the GTP and I'm researching a chip... Im hoping to convince my wife that an intercooler would be worth it. I just got the GTP, so I haven't really ran it yet.. haven't got it past 114mpg or raced anything faster than a stupid Intrepid R/T or the Tbird... The Corvette I raced would still MURDER my GTP... he smiled and said... It's not stock...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts