Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my emblem today on the hood to repaint it cause it wasnt exactly gold n e more...what was the black stuff like a sealent or w/e that was what was it and where can i get some or how do i get this thing back on??

·
Registered
138 Posts
scrape that black stuff off of the emblem, and use a solvent remover to make sure none of it is left, and no dirt is on the emblem. Then go to a local hardware store and get some 3M double faced tape and put it on the back of the emblem. Use an Exacto knive and cut the areas where there aren't suppost to be any tape. That black stuff is nothing special, its just double faced tape. People who invented that made ALOT of money considering almost every molding/emblem on everycar uses it.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man ...i love this site everyone is nice im glad i bought a Mx6

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
For mine, when I bought my Efini emblems, I just used some sticky-tack like teachers use to hang posters and whatnot. I used it because it's so easy to stick on and move around because you don't need to cut it or anything like that, just pull it off and stuff and it's really thin too. Just my .02.
Crooks

·
Registered
28 Posts
When i bought my mx6, the emblem on the hood was broke in two. (no clue how that could have happened)
Anyways, i'd really like to get a new one. Where the heck could i get one? I've been periodically searching here and there, and never any luck.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Best bet go to your local mazda dealer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts