Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would a person go about taking this off? Is it pretty easy after you take out the center compartment?

What about painting the handle? Would regular spray paint work?.. or not because of the vinyl, or whatever material it is.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Haven't done it yet, but I assume you pull the handle off after the console is off. Don't use spray paint! it comes off in high traffic areas. IF YOU MUST paint, use the folia tec interio paint. You can order it through JC Whitney. It is a dye that penetrates the vinyl. Or better yet I am gonna replace mine with an ICHIBAHN E-Brake Handle.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I changed mine to a aluminum finish, w/black leather boot. I got it from a company called Alpena. It cost $50 cdn and requires slight modification by adding a new button on the top of the old one. (use a strong plastic pvc glue)

I am not sure if you are trying to take the entire e-brake handle off or not, but what I did was pulled the brake up and took a razor blade down the middle length wise and that rubber plastic handle thing came right off.

94 LS, 5 spd, B+G sport springs, Tokico struts, Platinum +4 plugs, NGK wires, Vibrant FSTB, Ractive RSTB, K&N filter, 17" Falken's w/215/45/17 Yokohama Avid H4's, and a pioneer system

1 - 3 of 3 Posts