Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
g'day

i was wondering, how to go about removing the Emission Control? im in Vic so there is no need for anual RWC checs. plus it cleans the engine bay of those pipes and tubes and gives couple of horses.
anyway what everybody thinks

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry forgot to ask
did any one had CAI/ramair system installed? did you go with the under-body-scoop or just a cone filter? how would i go about making airflow meter alow more air?

G

·
Freddie, I dont think I would be playing with the emission hoses etc in the engine bay. You might find that you end up with a KL03 that runs like a POS afterwards.
Removing your cat with a straight pipe may reward you with a couple of extra horses. Not sure what the car would sound like without a cat but.
Jerry

·
Registered
59 Posts
if you want to shorten your life span, go ahead and remove the CAT. It is are there for a reason, the unfiltered S#!T that comes out of the exhaust, is extremely poisonous. The CAT converts this into more harmless stuff.

Same goes with unleaded petrol, don't get it on your skin, it is more carcenagenic than asbestos.

Put on a HF CAT and save your life.

Don't use an open cone filter under the bonnet, our cars are one of the worst for under bonnet temps.

Trev

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dint meant to piss any one off, its just that ive seen Commodores and fords without emission stuff, the engine bay looked shure cleaner and CO2 test were in a ligal frame. so i thought it would be nicer to clean up the bay, look better and easier to work on the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts