Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a little off topic for this forum, but perhaps you guys could help me out. My parents have a 1992 Chrysler LeBaron 3.0L 4 speed automatic. The car is having stalling problems where the engine quits at highway speeds whenever the RPM's exceed 3000 for an extended period. It stalls out usually while putting the engine under some stress (like hauling a U-Haul). I have checked some other threads at the LeBaron Club and they suggest it might be fuel pump pressure. Any ideas?

PeMiL

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
PeMiL said:
I know this is a little off topic for this forum, but perhaps you guys could help me out. My parents have a 1992 Chrysler LeBaron 3.0L 4 speed automatic. The car is having stalling problems where the engine quits at highway speeds whenever the RPM's exceed 3000 for an extended period. It stalls out usually while putting the engine under some stress (like hauling a U-Haul). I have checked some other threads at the LeBaron Club and they suggest it might be fuel pump pressure. Any ideas?

PeMiL
Fuel pump or loss of ignition (i.e. module.)

G

·
I would say that your fuel system is loosing volume at the higher speeds. Or your timing maybe be off. I would check the timing first and work my way up. Get a manuel from Aitozone and look to see if their is a trouble shooting item for that problem.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It might be related, but early MX6 and Probe V6 had the ignition module fail which caused the exact symptoms you are discribing, car dies at highway speeds or high load @ approx 3000rpm

Trev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts