Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there supposed to be any play with the stock endlinks? On my 88GT, hen the car is flat on the ground I can move mine up and down a little. On the 92GT I can move them up and down a lot... I am hoping that replacing the endlinks on the 92 will help with the suspension a lot, otherwise I will need struts sooner.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Nope there shouldn't be any play. You should really get the Addco endlinks, sizes 12 and 15 (15 on back). They are really great and cheap too.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already have the new ones, just wanted to make sure. My issue on the 88 is that I will be lowering it soon (1 inch drop) and wanted to make sure that the 12's and 15's will still fit properly.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Manifest said:
Already have the new ones, just wanted to make sure. My issue on the 88 is that I will be lowering it soon (1 inch drop) and wanted to make sure that the 12's and 15's will still fit properly.
I had no problem with mine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
what are endlinks?

What are endlinks, i've never heard of them, but i read that they made "a world of differece." Hopefully i'm getting some intrax springs soon, will the endlinks add to the handling?

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
The endlinks, or "sway bar endlinks" are what attaches your sway bar to the control arms. The Addco endlinks bushings are made out of a thick, stiff polyurethane which really amplifies the affect of the sway bar. The benefits are flatter cornering, and more responsiveness.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Sure they'll work just as wonderfully on the 2ndgen as well. However, the 2ndgen uses different endlinks. I've heard that the endlinks from a Nissan altima fit, but I'm not sure if that would be like stock replacement, or a performance replacement. I think you should post in the 2ndgen forum about it. They'll know more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts