Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got these today, front&rear, didnt get a chance to try and install them(damm work is always in the way:( ) but I just wanted to know if anyone who has done this have any tips or advice on installing these, never changed endlinks b4, but it shouldn't be that hard right!

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
It isn't that hard, but they're likely to be rusted to all hell. You'll probably have to use a hacksaw or nut-cracker to get the old ones off. Installation is farily easy, just make sure you don't over-tighten the endlink nuts. It is recommeded that you put the final torque ont he endlink nuts with the car on the ground or the wheel supported by a jack. The mazda factory manual says to torque the endlinks down until there is about a 1/4" of thread showing, but this is probably different for aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sure made use of that hacksaw, damm things wouldn't budge, so I said f- it and hacked the **** out of them, but it makes a difference, car feels less floaty now, specially the rear, I didn't even get to read here b4 doing the install, but thanx anyway magik

·
Registered
111 Posts
Jack it up onto jack stands, then jack up the lower A arm and loosen the old endlinks, remove and replace with new ones. See my awsome illustration:

Move the jack up and down till you its positioned good enough to get the new links in. Repeat on other 3 corners.

Dont over tighten them the bushings should be tight but square, no squishing out. See this (courtesy of Whiteline):

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
hehe thats the exact same picture of what I did, then I just tighten them when I put the tires back on the ground to give it the load. Thanks.

Swaybar Busings:

I was going to get those to, but the only ones I found where for an 18mm swaybar up front and a 16mm in back, doesn't the GT have a 25mm in front and like an 18mm or something in back!?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
slacker911 said:
what part # end links did you use?
I could't find the ones for the six, so I looked for the Probe ones and found those.

MX-6----> Front Endlinks=9.8106
Probe---> Front Enlinks=9.8118RC Rear Endlinks=9.8120RC

·
Registered
248 Posts
i have the same endlinks in my probe whatch the front ones they will pull threw the control arm if you can get to them before just put a washer with a bout 1inch diameter to help save it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Try using the search yourself maybe then you would relize that you get about 6 diffrent part numbers for the bushings and endlinks.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
that is because they all have different part numbers
front and rear have different part numbers as well as the front and rear sway bars have different part numbers, I also referenced an alternate front sway bar part number for anyone who wants an additional grease fitting, giving you a total of 5 part numbers. all of the other part numbers are from other people referencing what they THINK are the correct part numbers, some people posted LX/DX part numbers for the GT's.
I posted all of the correct part numbers in one thread for the GT's, the threa disappeared, I'm not doing it again.....

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Okay, so I just did mine, but all I did was drive up a set of ramps and do it from there. Went real quick.

Here's a question though, for everyone who used Energy suspension links, how much of the bolt is sticking out of the top on yours? When did it seem tight enough (but not too tight) to you?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've got a question. There are part numbers for the "correct" aftermarket ones. But, I saw some suspension parts at my local auto parts store and was wondering if anyone tried just matching any of those up. They come in a few different lengths, just thinking about saving the trouble and using them. Let me know what you think. I thought about taking the stock ones and matching up overall length to the "performance" ones at Autozone.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Six I already new the numbers from your old thread I was double checking them I don't want to waste money just because one guy said they work. I have seen multiple numbers for the endlinks not just the 2 for front and rear. It does not matter anymore I already have them sitting ready to be installed.

EDIT did not intend to come off as a ****. Long day trying to get parts for the car.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
drsjr1980 said:
I've got a question. There are part numbers for the "correct" aftermarket ones. But, I saw some suspension parts at my local auto parts store and was wondering if anyone tried just matching any of those up. They come in a few different lengths, just thinking about saving the trouble and using them. Let me know what you think. I thought about taking the stock ones and matching up overall length to the "performance" ones at Autozone.
the "performance" ones that you are talking about from Autozone are what we are talking about, from Energy Suspension. Energy lists the front endlinks on their site, the front and rear swaybar bushings on their site, but the part number that they give for the front sway bar bushing is WRONG, the part number that they give is for the LX/DX front sway bar which is 21 mm but the front GT sway bar is 25 mm. They don't list a part number for the rear endlinks, you have to physically take your rear endlink off and match it up, I did that for you and the part number is in the thread. All of the part numbers are there for all to see

·
Registered
737 Posts
ok, thanks. That is what I needed to know. I'm gonna do a search, and I'm sure i'll come up with the numbers. But is this info listed in the how-to? Maybe it should be.

·
Registered
737 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts