Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that they don't make a lot of engine accessories for the 6 like they do for Hondas, but I wanted to know if anyone has any pics of anything that they have done. I want to get some ideas about what I can do and whether I have to do it custom. If so, please post them here. Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
specifics

1. I was thinking along the lines of hose kit (I have already seen one on a Probe), chrome intake manifold, miscellaneous chrome work, and oil/radiator caps. I know this is a Honda, but something like this:

2. Your signature link isn't working.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
That engine is very clean. just polish all the jam and put the hoses on there and some chrome or polished intake manifold and vavle covers and what ever else youwant to do. but the most important thing is being clean. very very clean.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still waiting for someone to post some pics of anything like this in their 6

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
People with engine like that will not post the pics because they show their cars and dont want anybody else to see it. i have learned a great deal about this, this past weekend at a show.

Some one ask you how do you do that, just say it cost about a G!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not showing pics

Well the girl who I got the pictures from not only has pictures on her site, she even explains how she did it. I don't see what the big deal is about showing people what you have done. Even is someone else sees your pictures, they still have to go through all of the work and spend all of the money to make it look like that. You should be proud of something like that, not secretive. Once I get my 6 and start doing stuff like this, I am going to post pics of everything. I don't care if other people see them because I came up with the ideas for the stuff that I want to do and if someone else uses those ideas, they are just copying me and it has no meaning to them. I want my car to be special and I am not afraid to show other people what I do.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Probesport has some engine accesories on their webpage. Does anyon know if the filters they have are good for a custom air intake? Please reply

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
If you go to shows and walk around and talk to some of them they might tell ya but most want wheni go and see people talking to them and they are like," it cost bout a G" thats what a guy i know says to them. because the compition is so great in his class you dont want anybody else knowing something you know. right? I guess its wanting to keep your car unique and not tell those that will be at the shows with you most of the time what you did.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Here is a nice Probe engine bay. I forget whose it is, but it was in a show your engine bay thread over at PT some time ago and this really caught my eye. Basically you can either polish or paint the front VC cover and paint the intake. You can do the colored hoses, corksport has the colored billet style rad and oil caps. There are plenty of things you can do to dress it up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks

That is really nice and it has some stuff that I have never seen before. I plan on doing stuff like this, but I don't know that I will enter my car in any competitions. I will be doing it because it looks good, not just so that my car can beat someone elses. I see that the Probe has an aftermarket ignition too. Could someone tell me more about these? I have heard the benefits they give, but I haven't heard if they are worth the price, easy to install, etc.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I have ideas for mine but i think its been doen but still my idea is good i think. just wait to see if i get it done this summer! hope so.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is what I see when I try to go to scpoc.com:

If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page.

Seeing this instead of the website you expected?
This page is here because the site administrator has changed the configuration of this web server. Please contact the person responsible for maintaining this server with questions. The Apache Software Foundation, which wrote the web server software this site administrator is using, has nothing to do with maintaining this site and cannot help resolve configuration issues.

For the other two, I just get a HTTP 404 Not Found.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts