Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was given a 93 lx. It needs a bit of work (The engine is seized). I'm planning on buying a j-spec. The deal is i can get a regular KL local for 850. I also found a kl on ebay starting at 595 and a klze starting at 650. Shipping will be about 200. I'm not trying to build a fast car but more power is alway better:urg:. Money is tight as this car is a totally unexpected expense, and because i live in an apartment i do not have a lot of time to get it going. I'm currently working on the car at a family members house and i probably wont have to long to get it moving. This is a second car. Lets hear some opinions. Thanks in advance for help making some decisions. Keep in mind that this will not be a race car but i have had fast cars (88 rx-7 T2) and do like power and i may in the future go futher with actual power mods.

Derek

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Im not exactly sure what you would like an opinion on. I say get the cheapest thing you can get if you're not into power.

·
Registered
800 Posts
BUY LOCAL!!! If you have a problem you'll be glad you did. Shipping gets expensive if you have to ship something back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Try MSHUGHES. I was in the same situation. Not sure what to do but figured I needed to get it running first then later decided if I want to do mods. I just got an engine from him shipped to Houston. This was my first engine swap and I was sure glad I got a quality engine from him. Well worth purchasing and shipping from someone you can trust.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Well, if you want more power, definitely swap in the ZE. Regardless you're going to have as difficult of a time swapping if you went with the DE or ZE engine. (DE being regular). Maybe a slightly more difficult time for the ZE...but minute compared to the overall time consumption. So ultimately, it's what you're looking for in a car. You want speed and to spend more money or cheaper and slower...both I would say are on equal terms for reliability....until you get to boost.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
SwooshmanD said:
I recently was given a 93 lx. It needs a bit of work (The engine is seized). I'm planning on buying a j-spec. The deal is i can get a regular KL local for 850. I also found a kl on ebay starting at 595 and a klze starting at 650. Shipping will be about 200. I'm not trying to build a fast car but more power is alway better:urg:. Money is tight as this car is a totally unexpected expense, and because i live in an apartment i do not have a lot of time to get it going. I'm currently working on the car at a family members house and i probably wont have to long to get it moving. This is a second car. Lets hear some opinions. Thanks in advance for help making some decisions. Keep in mind that this will not be a race car but i have had fast cars (88 rx-7 T2) and do like power and i may in the future go futher with actual power mods.

Derek
Derek?? Who the hell are you and why are you not posting in the UT site?? We can help you. I've done 3 engine swaps myself, and Ryan has done a few in his day as well.
http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57249
If you find a good used engine under 100K local for around $700.00 get it. Otherwise Ryan got a good KLZE for about $1000.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts