Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright im looking to build a motor and need advice

im looking to spend around 3k and i dont plan on building or installing it myself

im looking for a reliable motor that will later (in a couple of years) be able to handle around 12 lbs of boost, most likely superchaged

should i start with a klde or ze?
stick with de heads and valvetrain?
what rods and pistons are good?
and i probably want reground cams

im not familiar with prices, do you think this is all possible for my budget?

..thanks a lot! .. and if one of you want to do this build let me know!

·
Registered
110 Posts
it really depends on the setup. forging a motor means a lot of money.
You will find the prices and every setup existant in the 2g mods section(even dry ice mods...who knows why dry ice...:rolleyes:)
Search, read, search, read and keep searching and reading, its the only way to success!
I woudnt ask everybody a question about forging if i didnt know what im talking about(me, not necessarly you)
Good luck with the forging!:tup:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright thanks molotov ... but i still have no clue what prices would be like for labour and such ...

can anyone tell me if 3k is a sufficient budget before i start planning everything and then later realizing i wont be able to afford it

·
Registered
729 Posts
you can call my buddy he has experience with our motors and is a mechanic. if u just want low boost 7-14 psi you can slap a turbo and IC on a ze or de and it will prob be ok. if u want serious power 3k will def not be enough. 3k for a turbo set up on ur existing motor may be plausible. pm me if u want my buds contact info

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
ask chefspot he rebuilt his motor with forged internals and he has reground cams, i'm not 100% sure what all he did but I know he did those forsure and he plans to boost his in the future as well... I know he has sunk around 18k into the whole car but not sure how much he has put into the motor.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
to mistere:
..14psi is low boost? :p .. but im not looking to boost right now, ill pm you

to redbond:
thanks a lot, ill send him a msg!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts