Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering if anyone would reccomend a good cleaning solution for my all aluminum v-6. any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Is it dirty or is it tarnished/rough looking? Mine was really tarnished or rough or whatever and I had to polish it. I used really fine sand paper, wet sanded it, I'm not sure what grit I used, then when it was smoother, I used some rubbing compound that's designed to smooth out really REALLY rough paint finishes, then some clearcoat polishing compound that's supposed to make rough clearcoat shine again. But always use water with all that stuff so it doesn't just schratch up the surface. The brand for the clearcoat/polishing compound I used is #7. Check the link in my sig to see my engine pictures. Hope this helps!
Crooks

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
if u want to clean it, use steal woll or a steam cleaner

if u want to polish it, use sand paper then a polishing wheel and polish....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
steam cleaner sounds like it would work really good. never thought of that, i gotta try that. can you get those at one of those rental places?

·
Registered
271 Posts
zoom do you know what the rubbing compound was called that you used to smooth outthe vc and im. also the clear coat polishing compound. or if you dont remember what theyre called can you specify where you got them at. oh and everytime i try and go to mx6performance.com i can only access the link that goes to the tires and rims but nothing else. r you guys still building those areas up or am i the only one having that problem?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
its called rubbing compound, if u want the stuff to remove or lessen imperfections. this can be found at target or autozone, and lots of places in between

its called pollishing compound if u need it to pollish. it can be found at home depot, idk if autozone has it or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts