Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wondering if there was a cable to hook the engines diagnostics up to a laptop, and a program to see what the motors doing, i know Gm has the ALDL connection and many programs, i was wondering if there is a computer interphase, if so were can i get it.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
If your running a 93 motor, then you will be OBDI an will not have any way of obtaining realtime data, sorry. Only other route if you are looking into mapping the engine is Megasquirt.

Oddy.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well yeah it is obd1, but so was my saturn, and its ALDL connector which allowed realtime, so your sure theres nothing for mazda?, if not o well, im planning on a MS soon anyway (i sodder the DIY kits up) is there a wire diagram or wire pin out for the mx6, or even better a step by step guild, anything to make my life simple.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Sharmanator said:
well yeah it is obd1, but so was my saturn, and its ALDL connector which allowed realtime, so your sure theres nothing for mazda?,
That's correct. For reasons known only to Mazda and Nippon Denso, the MECS-II powertrain control module used on 93-95 2gs lacks a serial interface like the GM 8192-baud ALDL stream or even their lame but functional 160-baud stream.

It would certainly take the guesswork out of some of the diagnoses we try to render on our rides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.