Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever think of using one of these, i think since i am going to have a high hp turbo engine i believe i am going to try and fab one up for the 6.... i see alot of the pro drag cars have them along with other high hp
vehicles

for those of you who dont know what i am talking about
http://forcedfed.com/evo/dampers/forcedfed.html


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,858 Posts
I would say that you should save your time until you get to that stage before worring about it now. Getting "high hp" from the stock motor takes a lot of work and money, so you are better off saving it for that task first... besides which, I don't believe those who have run high-hp MX6/PGTs have ever needed such a device... maybe the mitsus need them for some specific reason.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well unfortuanlty that stage is coming fast pipes are being made as we speak bby matt maas, the engine is going to be finished by mid december and i have just about every part..... i know you didnt know my situation but i am getting there fast but you are right a lot of money is an understatement... it is in fact a tonof money, i could have bought a new car with what is invested.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,166 Posts
mazguy said:
well unfortuanlty that stage is coming fast pipes are being made as we speak bby matt maas, the engine is going to be finished by mid december and i have just about every part..... i know you didnt know my situation but i am getting there fast but you are right a lot of money is an understatement... it is in fact a tonof money, i could have bought a new car with what is invested.
matt maas is the guy that ran 11's in his probe right? i dont think he even had such a device on his car and hes got probably the quickest probe(a normal car, not some funny drag car with a wanna be probe body). my buddy has a probe probably hitting somewhere around 350hp and hes car doesnt need anything like that. i doubt you will put out more than 350hp or so and if you dont mind, i wanna know what clutch you plan on using to hold that kind of power on our cars cuz my buddies was slipping like crazy cuz 14psi>his clutch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i am in a lot of contact with matt in fact he is doing some work for me and yes he is the person that ran 11's in a 500 whp probe... i am probably going to use the sam e clutch as he does the dxd clutch.


i know no one has anythign like this but i want to improve on the system, maybe it will help save the tranny, even though i know it is form the shock of the clutch, i am sure it will do something.... like i said i have seen them on civic drag cars
and i am expecting hopefully, crossing my finger, on the 450 range
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
966 Posts
Those have been factory equipment on Benzes since the the 90s, probly even earlier. I've even seen one on an old british car from the 60s. Nothing new, If Mercedes Benz puts it on factory vehicles it must be because it's useful.

Its just basically a shock that resists the engine from twisting in its cradle, get solid engine mounts and you wont need it; or keep most of the vibrations out and use this as a compromise. But solid mounts (ie. welded or metal on metal) will give you the least loss in torque.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,166 Posts
mazguy said:
well i am in a lot of contact with matt in fact he is doing some work for me and yes he is the person that ran 11's in a 500 whp probe... i am probably going to use the sam e clutch as he does the dxd clutch.


i know no one has anythign like this but i want to improve on the system, maybe it will help save the tranny, even though i know it is form the shock of the clutch, i am sure it will do something.... like i said i have seen them on civic drag cars
and i am expecting hopefully, crossing my finger, on the 450 range
thats a high number, good luck and definitely get some vids up once she purring. can you give up some more info on this dxd clutch, i.e. cost, perfomance info, where to buy it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey thanks guys for those links very helpfull... heather i picked up a new habbit, although i am a amature i can sorta weld and i think ican make the brakets pretty easily....


south bend clutch makes it just yahoo the name and it will come up..

heather you coming to myrtle this year?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,483 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing where you end up mounting something like that. Off the top of my head I can't think of a place but then again it'd help alot to be looking at my engine. Keep us posted...

metros
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,045 Posts
lac_frak said:
Its just basically a shock that resists the engine from twisting in its cradle, get solid engine mounts and you wont need it; or keep most of the vibrations out and use this as a compromise. But solid mounts (ie. welded or metal on metal) will give you the least loss in torque.
My thoughts exactly on the solid mounts (karma to you). Even just inserts in the front and rear mounts will help substantially when putting the torque down.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
James, I cant come this year, but I'm planning it next year. You all have fun for me.

Heather
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top