Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
white means its running lean, light grey is what u want to c. if u wud have had wet plugs u wud be running rich. if u do the fuel volume test, u should get 16 oz in 30 seconds. to test the VAF, unplug it once and so how the car runs. if it runs better u hav a bad VAF, worse the problem is something else.
my car mx6 the same as yours it is ecu

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes there should be no air leaks, I will check again though. The plug wires are good, and in the correct order. I haven't touched those since they were replaced the car didn't have this major problem after I installed them.

It runs and revs normal until it hits 4k rpms if revving up slowly, it bogs down at that point, also it bogs at about 2k if I try to rev it very quickly, and it won't rev past 2k when I try to drive it. It revs and sounds normal if slowly revved up just alittle. The intake gets loud like it's getting all the air it should but not revving, like it isn't getting enough fuel to keep it revving. That's why I think the ecu could be bad, not keeping the injectors open to supply fuel. Or the VAF not sending the correct readings back to the ecu.
It seems like i have the same problem. Still couldn't find the problem. Replaced the vaf, cheked fuel pressure, if you rev with little throttle it can rev up all the way. But if you floor it, doesn't want to rev up.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts