Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so i am currently tearing apart an extra motor i have and am already gathering parts for boosting...almost done with that actually but i would like to completely rebuild this motor to be reliable and fast...i know i cant have cheap lol. will be running a turbonetics super 60 on a 2.0 inter cooled, bov, wastegate, fmu, walborl 255 fuel pump... need input on injectors, valves, valve springs, retainers...possible 3 angle valve job...where shoud i go with the head? should i have it plained. pistons, rods, crank rebalenced? what kind of fpr boost controller and other miscelanious parts. clutch flywheel and what to do about tranny will it hold will it not?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just looking for suggestions and knowledge... opinions are valued and experience is invaluable. thanks in advanced

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
If it was me I wouldnt do the top end. A set of forged pistons and rods will make it reliable enough to throw as much boost as your gearbox can handle. You need to think cost vs result. Plus of course standard engine rebuild stuff. You are better off leaving the top end then trying to do it all and spending $5000 on an $8000 engine then selling the car afterwoods because you are sick of it. Plan ahead that way :).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good point turk i like the way you think...so how much can the gearbox handle and the which way should i go with fuel management?

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Megasquirt, walbro 255, not sure what injectors you 2.0L guys use. Look up the 2nd gen forced induction primer/database.

The gearbox can handle not much power. But enough to make you happy you turbocharged. THere is no magic number, the more power you have, the more likely it will break.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
unless your looking for huge power numbers (which I doubt you are on a t3 super 60) I wouldn't touch the head unless you have to (already needs to be rebuilt)

Save the money and get some nice forged rods and pistons instead.

For fuel I would say that you could probably get away with 440 injectors. If you want to push over 300whp I would step it up to 550's. I'm not all too familiar with the fs motor but they use side feed high impedance injectors correct? If that's the case I would look to the Subaru world for some cheap injectors. If they're top feed pick up some 1st gen 3sgte or 7mgte Toyota injectors (440's).

Really your best bet on building an fs is to head over to a mazdaspeed protege bored and learn their dark arts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts