Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

Last night I was driving and I look into my instrument cluster and the check engine light came on. The weather was very humid and foggy. Maybe moisture got into somewhere...i have no clue. So, when I arrived at my destination and then after 3 hours I started the car. The check engine light wasn't on. today I drove the car...no light at all. maybe I was tripping I don't know...lol Now, I know about Malfunction Codes...but I will have to check it out, if it happens again. Well, can this be a result of the cat back borla exhaust installed in car? Because of the computer has to adjust to the freer-flowing exhaust? Cause it is running fine and with no exhaust smell. Well, please let me know.

thanks,

Anthony

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
No, it won't be because of the exhaust. My first suspicion is O2 sensor(s) code(s).

Yep, read the codes (use my "Malf Codes" page if you need a reference) and see what comes up...

·
Registered
283 Posts
i have to agree with mike its def o2 sensors how fast were u going if it goes on wheenver u want its o2 sensors u can replace them with bosch i got mine for 75 bucks

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello,

I was aproaching a traffic light when it came on...I drove the car today...no problems, yesterday no problems, I will still check the malfunction codes...I still want to change the O2 sensor, it makes sense to do it, better gas mileage. Thanks a lot!!!!

thanks,

Anthony

[Edited by integrale4wd on 01-17-2001 at 05:33 PM]

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Adsmx6 said:
Where can i find the o2 sensor?

Adsmx6
http://adamsmx-6.freeyellow.com
The 93 V6 has two of them. You can spot the front ("left") O2 sensor if you remove the air duct that runs across the top of the radiator and look down between the rad and the engine. You'll see the down-pipe leading from the exhaust manifold...in that down pipe is a "bung" with a sensor screwed into the side of it. There will be 4 wires on the sensor. That's the left-side O2 sensor. The "right" (firewall) side sensor is in the same relative location in the downpipe leading from the rear bank of cylinders.

As you can guess, changing the left side is way, WAY easier than changing the right side sensor. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ok thanks a lot. I went to your site and got all the info on the error codes. Ill test my car on sunday when i go to lower it...since ill be taking some of the car apart i mine as well take everything apart...lol

Adsmx6
http://adamsmx-6.freeyellow.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts