Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I really don't think there is much hope particularly if the crack has passed completely through the rubber. Cheapest way out will be sourcing one from the wreckers as Mazda/Ford don't let these things go too cheaply! If its the timing cover mount check the series you are getting it from as there seems to subtle differences in the bolt holes from ser 1 and 2.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
yep new is best but I had to wait for one on my gearbox.

so I got aa 2nd hand one and filled it with soem Sikaflex and it did the job. the 2nd hand one was $60 buucks not perfect but still one peice. filled it and did the job untill I got the new one in.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Search sikaflex 291 and you will find alot of info on filling them up.

It does work well and cost 18 bux for the tube from bunnings.

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
try fitting a engine stabilizer, it will take most the out of half dodgey mounts.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
ahh so cracked engine mounts are reparable!? Do you mean broken ones? well I'de get some good second hand ones. Obviously a fix that is gonna cost $18 wont really last as long as a good second hand one but maybe cam22t has done it and got good results so you can try that since its gonna cost nothing then see how it goes...I got one from city dismantlers to $70 a reall good secondhand one.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
TX5F2T said:
I must be a n00b! whats a ???
Its a shock absorber for your engine.

You still need your mounts in good condtion before you fit a vibration damper (shockie) to you engine.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
hell yeah.

I've been looking into fitting one off both a Camry and a aftermarket one off a 200SX but so far it seems I might have to use a push rod and pivot points to get it to work effectively.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
yeah I've seen them but the thing is I can sort of get the dampener cheap enough. the rest of the kit is no good I only want to stop front to back motion.

I was thinking of one actually next to the front radiator engine mount to gearbox.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts