Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the thing is I'v noticed something coming out of my engines recently. It has been happening for about 2 weeks and I have recently been concerned about it. It seems as though it steams or something, right between the bolts on the engine, and it looks like some oil may be burning there. I've noticed a smell, like something is burning and everytime I open my hood when the engine is running i see the steam/ smoke... Anyone know what this problem might be... my dad said it might be a gasket or something, any info appreciated

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just recently got an oil change, but before that I had to add a quart of oil, I changed my oil like 5 months prior to that but I hadn't driven it much so I waited, when I noticed it was low i added a quart then got a change a few weeks later. The thing is it smells like something is burning, nothing is low, antifreeze, what else is there besides oil thats worth checking? Tranny oil??? I havent checked it but I think its engine oil related or need that gasket

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would probably rool out the trany, where exactly is the oil comming out from? the rocker covers, heads ect. You might also want to take out a few spark plugs and look for oil where the plug screws into the head. If you have oil in there you need rocker cover gaskets.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I think thats what is going on (cover gasket)... I'll have to take a look at it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts