Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

i have recently recovered from a starting problem with my car, i have changed my spark plugs, ignition wires and i have cleaned my carborator and cleaned my spark plug tubes on the manifold. now, the car runs, but the engine stutters, as if the engine is misfiring. i have double checked my firing timings, and they are correct. i have changed the oil, have gas in the tank, and last night i let it run for a while and reved it hight to kick out any trash that might be causing the stutter, but no luck. the condition could be further explained by the fact that when i try to rev the engine, there is hesitation. i floor the pedal and the engine wants to redline but it stays at 2000rpm and doesnt redline, and sometimes even goes down to 1500RPM and revs between 1500 and 2000. its very frustrating. the car drives alright but i cant rev it high at all. what is the cause of this?

My car: 1993 mazda mx6 LS 2.5Liter V6 Manual.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
since when did a 93 mx6 have a carburator?

Anyway, how exactly did you clean your spark plug wells? This sounds a lot like if you were to have water in the wells...same thing happened to me. I got all the water out, let it sit for awhile with the spark plugs out to let any extra water evaporate, then took it easy on the car for awhile.

·
Registered
400 Posts
the same thing happaned to me, water got into the spark plug wells, check them out again and clean them, then let the car heat up and let it stay for 15 min, hope this helps, it helped me though.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
remove the carb and the car should run fine again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
on that note

i did let the car run for a while, so are u saying i should remove the plugs and let it sit and possibly dry any liquids inside the holes? i cleaned them using carb cleaner spray.

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
DON'T REMOVE THE SPARK PLUGS!!!! (i think)

IF there is anything in the spark plug wells, and you remove the spark plugs, it would go into the combustion changers, which would be much worse. I rolled up paper towels and dipped them into the wells. It took awhile and a lot of towels, but it's better than damaging your engine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts